Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Gloves & face masks in UK

Gloves & face masks in UK

Postby holly » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:16 pm

Just watching the news in the UK, haven't seen anyone wearing gloves & face masks.Even the news people are not wearing them who interview. I am not getting panicing but people in the UK are not taking this serious!!!
holly

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Re: Gloves & face masks in UK

Postby Black » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:32 pm

The thing that concerns me is the people crammed like sardines into tube trains.
Black

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Chrisdee » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:48 pm

All because Dicky Khan has cut the tubes down. A family member is a delivery driver for Ocado and he said everything seems like a fairly normal day because I said to him I bet you loved driving around London today, he said, what, it was like a normal day, the roads were busy, loads of people out and about, kids in the park etc etc etc.

Black wrote:The thing that concerns me is the people crammed like sardines into tube trains.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Sage » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:09 pm

Dicky Khan hasn't cut the number of underground trains.
The reason there are less tubes is because staffing levels are down due to illness or self isolation.
TFL are running the best service they can with the staff they have.
Sage

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby TonTri » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:25 pm

[quote="Chrisdee"]All because Dicky Khan has cut the tubes down. A family member is a delivery driver for Ocado and he said everything seems like a fairly normal day because I said to him I bet you loved driving around London today, he said, what, it was like a normal day, the roads were busy, loads of people out and about, kids in the park etc etc etc.

My daughter sent me a screen shot this morning of an order she tried to place with Ocado for delivery, the pop up said "You are position 7732 out of 7736 in the queue. Your wait time will be about 30 minutes." She said home delivery is almost impossible.
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Dave c » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:28 pm

Everywhere is much quieter than normal you have been miss informed on both counts.
Dave c

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby holly » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:50 pm

I understand lots of people are wondering what is happening, We need aleader that is strick.Come on Boris get strick you are our leader!Can people wear gloves or wear a mask in UK.I know all has sold out here but the question is why are so many people not wearing gloves to icealate them selves in UK!not knocking people but i live in Spain & yes they are wearing gloves or maskes & it is getting worse here but wake up UK & take notice of other Countries.!!Thats my moan!!!don't have a go at me i am only saying what people think!!!
holly

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Chrisdee » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:33 pm

He must have lied then, it was all around central London
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby PeteKnight » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:58 pm

If you think that wearing gloves and a disposable face mask are going to help then I think you're kidding yourself.
Some face masks are good at helping to cut down droplet spray when the wearer coughs or sneezes, although the cheaper masks offen just lift off the face slightly and direct the spray towards people standing at the side or behind the wearer.
Disposable face masks do almost nothing to protect the wearer, and in fact can increase the amount of hand to face contamination, especially if the wearer is accustomed to having a mask on their face.

Short disposable gloves offer some protection if they are used correctly, but most people have no idea about how to use them correctly. Take this scenario...

You drive to the supermarket, put your gloves on and get out of the car - all good so far. You fish your 1 euro coin out of your pocket and pop it in the trolly. Let's assume that the handle of the trolly is contaminated with the virus. This transferred immediately to your gloves. You then walk around the shop and pick items up with your gloved hands, transferring the virus on to them, and pop them into your trolly. You go to the checkout, get out your purse/wallet (contaminating it in the process), and pay with your credit/debit card (now contaminated) and put it all back in your purse/wallet. You then go out to the car, probably contaminating the boot when you open it, put the contaminated shopping in then close the boot and take your trolly back and put the 1 Euro coin back in your pocket, contaminating it, your pocket and your other change, then remove and dispose of the gloves.
You then get in the car, drive home and put the contaminated food in the fridge/cupboards then wash your hands for 20 seconds and feel good about the fact that you've taken adequate precautions.
Any other things that you touched while wearing your gloves at the supermarket, such as your face, clothes, mobile phone, shopping list etc will also have been contaminated, along with your shopping bags.

How has wearing gloves changed anything compared to doing all of this with bare hands, except given you a false sense of security?

Pete.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby A.N.Other » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:21 am

That's why the original advice given weeks ago to wash your hands regularly and thoroughly and to avoid touching your face is as valid today as it was then.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Next