Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

New to Quesada

New to Quesada

Postby pamkee2002 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:52 pm

Well, we moved to Quesada before the winter set in and have enjoyed several months in our new home. Now we start to think of our future and realise that all of Quesada consists of hills, at least over this side towards Rojales. The problem is coming to mind now, that as we get older, we may not be able to drive. Do taxis come up our hill, seldom see one, and would they be the way for us to get down to the local shops or bars. Never used taxis before as we have always driven ourselves, and would they consider such a short fare as the hill to our place is up a very steep hill. Just sounding you out for any advise, it is my first post.
pamkee2002

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Re: New to Quesada

Postby Jillandsteve » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:23 pm

Simple, yes , they do, short trips as well
I live in rojales and have often used them for short trips
Jillandsteve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby elchedave » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:44 pm

Jillandsteve wrote:Simple, yes , they do, short trips as well
I live in rojales and have often used them for short trips

I have to say from my experience that is debatable. We lived by the golf course for some 18 years & were/are good walkers so were able to get out & about easily. However If/when we needed a taxi we found them largely unreliable, would rarely come to a home address (saying they couldn't find it was the usual excuse) & when we did manage to get a taxi either out or back home the fares tended to be on the expensive side.
This was one of the factors in our decision to leave & move closer to, but not in the centre,of Guardamar. We have a regular hopper bus service into town if we decide not to take the leisurely half hour walk down to the seafront & taxis are readily available if one stays out late in the evening with a fixed charge of 7 euros.
Just my view!!!
Dave
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Lynne1 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:25 am

That’s why I bought a property nearer to town, with older age in mind. Taxis are not always easy and very expensive
Lynne1

Which part of Spain are you from?: In England,

Postby PamC » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:52 am

I live up at top of quesada . Many older people up here use mobility scooters there are some really nice ones available quite cheaply which seem to cope with the steepest hills. There are even tandem ones. One couple in their nineties goes long distances. When I can no longer drive that is my plan to keep my independence. This is a lovely area you should not need to move. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do
PamC

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby ncinnamo » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:58 pm

We live up by the star roundabout and often get taxis up the hill, costs around 5 Euros up from the bottom of the hill, rarely an issues to get one
ncinnamo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby mondo » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:02 pm

We live in Benimar and have often used a taxi to get home from Rojales.. it costs about 5 euros from the Town Hall. Never had a problem with them.

I would advise you use the same taxi often and build up a relationship with them....
mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Chet » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:06 pm

We also live not far from Star roundabout. Never had any problem ordering a taxi and every taxi driver we have met have been really friendly.
Chet

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada