Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Ryanair Refunds

Re: Ryanair Refunds

Postby Mac3blade » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:10 am

Perhaps this is a wiser move for Ryanair. A voucher is really an IOU whilst refunding your money is adding to their cash flow burden. As long as Ryanair remains solvent it means there will be every hope that people will be able to rebook and pay for a future booking with their voucher. So, everyone should be happy!

If your voucher is a paper type, PHOTOGRAPH IT NOW BEFORE YOU LOSE IT.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Mickey Braw » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:51 pm

So, has anybody opted for a refund? Ryanair says if you do want a refund, you will be put into a queue and refunded when the corona emergency is lifted. Thing is they don´t make it easy to join the queue, as far as I can see.
Mickey Braw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Angela17 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:55 pm

Yes I opted for a refund and still got a voucher. Think Martyn Lewis is on to it now. Like I've said I'm not worried as flight was only €35 but I read of a case of someone who were waiting on a refund of €600.
Angela17

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Dot » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:27 pm

We went on website and did chat refund been put in our bank will check it's been put in and let you know.
Dot

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo marabu

Postby Murt » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:47 pm

Ryanair cancelled flights to Alicnte for earlier this month that I had booked and paid for with Mastercard.

I applied to Ryanair for a refund and was assured that it was being processed. Then I heard about delays with Ryanair refunding fares.

I contacted Aventcard, who issued my Mastercard and told them that Ryanair was illegally delaying refunding money to customers.

I received an email from Ryanair yesterday offering me vouchers valid for a year, or sending me off elsewhere on their site, on a wild goose chase, looking for a cash refund.

Today I examined my Avant statement online. They have credited the amount in dispute back to my account while it is being disputed, so at least it's not costing me money paying interest on money that should have been returned to my account in the first place.

I can't see this ending up with Avantcard taking the money back out of my account,
Murt

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada MarquesaGolf

Postby Paul58 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:01 pm

Mickey Braw wrote:I had a flight cancelled by Ryanair, they advised me and it was made very easy to claim a refund. They were up front by stating that the refund would be made ASAP but that there may be a delay as they had a backlog. I think they have acted reasonably.

Out of interest, did you get your refund?

I claimed around the same time and was also promised a full refund ASAP. I've just got an email of them re-offering a voucher again or another link to nowhere to try to claim a refund.

Ryanair are going to have to be an awful lot less than other carriers if I'm every going to consider them again. I'm coming to realise that cost isn't everything when flying and when you start to add up the extras Ryanair aren't even that cheap.
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby PGA » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:42 pm

Paul58 wrote:
Mickey Braw wrote:I had a flight cancelled by Ryanair, they advised me and it was made very easy to claim a refund. They were up front by stating that the refund would be made ASAP but that there may be a delay as they had a backlog. I think they have acted reasonably.

Out of interest, did you get your refund?

I claimed around the same time and was also promised a full refund ASAP. I've just got an email of them re-offering a voucher again or another link to nowhere to try to claim a refund.

Ryanair are going to have to be an awful lot less than other carriers if I'm every going to consider them again. I'm coming to realise that cost isn't everything when flying and when you start to add up the extras Ryanair aren't even that cheap.

I have had the same process with 14 flights so far and no doubt the 4 that will be cancelled for May. Originally applied for a refund, that morphed into an offer of a voucher, whereby the "link" to request a refund took you to the page only to accept the voucher! It seems you have to contact RA to seek the refund, whereas of course you can accept the voucher by automated link...

As an aside, the voucher is valid only for 12 months. That applies from the date of acceptance though, so I am going to leave the voucher link untouched until planes are back in the air, and then accept the voucher.

As for using RA going forward, you might find you have far less choice of airlines by the time this is done.
PGA

Postby Sage » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:51 pm

Why can't people claim off their credit cards if RA won't pay the refund ? I believe you have to have spent at least £100 on the c/card to make the claim.
Sage

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Dot » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:01 pm

Not everyone pays credit card some just debit .
Dot

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo marabu

Postby Big Wheeler » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:10 pm

In a regular issue by Money Saving Expert(Martin Lewis)it reveals that they have reported Ryanair to the Civil Aviation Authority for illegally witholding refunds. It is a long job calling Ryanair's "helplines."In my case i received an email from Ryanair inviting me to change my flight/date times without surcharge.Being one of life's cynics i took a copy of this.I changed dates of flights and was charged an extra £100.In 2 phone calls a month apart i have been promised a refund.The second time the call centre lady told me that the free of charge flight change was only up to 90 days in advance but was shot down when i read the original email to her.The credit card company are not helpful and i don't expect to see my money soon.This was the first time i have used air travel in many years and am unlikely to repeat unless time is important.I have been driving to Spain since Franco was boss and i can put up with any inconvenience on the road.Ryanair and others are behaving disgracefully.I don't dispute the current difficulties but they have been happy to coin it in in the past and will doubtless do so again when things pick up.
Big Wheeler

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

PreviousNext