Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Ryanair Refunds

Re: Ryanair Refunds

Postby blingle » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:25 am

TonTri wrote:Well I suppose they could alternate between row 1, occupants in both window seats, row 2, 1 person in an aisle seat, then row 3 back to 1 person in each window seat and so on. It means though that 3 people would be taking up 12 seats so fares would need to quadruple. Hostesses would need PPE and presumably they would ask all passengers to wear face masks.

And what happens when someone wants to go to the toilet?

And they'd have to fill the plane seat by seat, from the back, forwards. Otherwise, someone sat in row 2 in the aisle would be passed by someone getting to row 17...etc...

It can't happen.

Course...Easyjet have today released their Easter 2021 flights. Cheap as chips...23kg baggage only 99p each way...but will they even exist in 2021?

Plus...they're allowing people to book seats...window, middle and aisle in each row...!
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Paul58 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:18 am

PGA wrote:
Sage wrote:There are lots of people who are hoping you are right.
I just don't see how any airline can operate safely whilst maintaining social distancing. It's difficult to see how any airline, even those with deep pockets can survive until 2021 when a vaccine may be available.

Well O'Leary has said if these social distancing measures are in place then RA won't be flying anyway. I have to say, I agree the idea behind it is nonsensical. The idea you could ever enforce social distancing in the entire airport process is a joke. The security queue would be almost the length of your flight path in the first place. Then the idea that leaving the middle seat free will somehow give the necessary distance... of course the virus only transfers in a sideways direction rather than in front/behind. Utterly absurd to think it can operate in those manners.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/apr/22/ryanair-boss-says-airline-wont-fly-with-idiotic-social-distancing-rules

There was some talk about trying to make all airports a Covid-19 free zone. To do this they would need some sort of instant testing or a sort of immunity passport before letting anyone into the airport. Once in the air-side of airport social distancing would not be required and people could could use all the seats on the plane.

Obviously this sort of testing isn't available yet but could be a way forward in the future.
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Planet Janet » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:45 am

My husband wants to change a flight, he spent 3 hours on Ryan air chat as can’t speak to anyone and he still didn’t get a response that was when they opened at 6 am.How on earth can they be that busy at that time of day?Makes me think no one is answering any questions.Very frustrating indeed.
Planet Janet

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby polop » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:38 am

We managed to do live chat at 7am this morning, after 20minutes of saying no vouchers wanted they said (will pass on to finance department) but may be over 7 days before refund, but you can still have vouchers instead? Ha ha ha we wait and see
polop

Which part of Spain are you from?: La finca

Postby Mickey Braw » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:55 am

Dealing with Ryanair is like punching fresh air. Spent two hours online this morning trying to reject the voucher and get the refund that I had already opted for, weeks ago.
I´m going to stop now because this process is just not good for your health.
Mickey Braw

Postby Sage » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:10 am

Yes I agree it's totally unacceptable.
It might be worth everyone sending an email to Martin Lewis .....I would think there are contact details on his web site. Anything to raise the profile of the issue higher than it already is. He is someone who is likely to fight for the customer and the more complaints he receives the better the chance of success. Covid 19 has taken over the headlines everywhere but this needs to have its profile raised. It's no good complaining on this forum......contact the Martin Lewis website.
Sage

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Paul58 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:26 pm

Sage wrote:Yes I agree it's totally unacceptable.
It might be worth everyone sending an email to Martin Lewis .....I would think there are contact details on his web site. Anything to raise the profile of the issue higher than it already is. He is someone who is likely to fight for the customer and the more complaints he receives the better the chance of success. Covid 19 has taken over the headlines everywhere but this needs to have its profile raised. It's no good complaining on this forum......contact the Martin Lewis website.

Try this ....... https://www.resolver.co.uk/
Or more specifically https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/ryanair-complaints?territory_id=1&variant=original

It's run in association with the Money Saving Expert website. (Martin Lewis)
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Mickey Braw » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:11 am

:text-goodpost:
Brilliant website, I feel I’m actually getting somewhere now.
Mickey Braw

Previous