Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Face masks

Advertise here for free any unwanted/secondhand items that you would like to sell or buy. For example: Household items/Bicycles/Garden furniture etc. Please include prices and photos, if possible.

Re: Face masks

Postby Chrisdee » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:53 am

You will have to make your own if it becomes compulsory
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Dinkelharper » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:57 am

A.N.Other wrote:
Chrisdee wrote:I read somewhere tonight it may become compulsory in Spain to wear one so get sewing

Absent official verification that can only be classed as fake news.

In any you cannot possibly impose such a restriction without first ensuring that every person who has legitimate cause to leave their home has ready access to one which clearly they don't.

I wonder if said pretty please the Guardia would give me a pass to go visiting every pharmacy within a 20 or 30km range in what would almost certainly be a fruitlsss search for them!

It is so in France! Everyone must cover their face in some way. So why not Spain?
Dinkelharper

Which part of Spain are you from?: Elche

Postby Chrisdee » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:06 am

Now this from the N332:- For the time being, the Government is NOT going to make MASKS COMPULSORY.

The Minister of Health stated the following; about it; "We can not pass a law that cannot be complied"

At this moment there is an enormous shortage of masks in the market therefore you can not force people to use it when there is no way to get one.

In Italy, there are areas where it is compulsory to cover your mouth, but the Italian authorities allow people to use a mask, scarf, tissue, napkin or something similar. This could be the option if this decision is taken in Spain but as the Minister said at the moment it is just advisable.
Chrisdee

Postby Chrisdee » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:09 am

Even the WHO are changing their minds slightly:- The World Health Organization (WHO) is considering changing its guidance on whether people should wear face masks in public, prompted by new evidence that suggests doing so could help contain the pandemic.
Chrisdee

Postby marcliff » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:41 am

Dinkelharper wrote:

It is so in France! Everyone must cover their face in some way. So why not Spain?
#

No it isn't. It has been advised by the French Health academy for it to be so but it hasn't been made compulsory (yet). Not according to France24 anyway.

Great these experts. One day it's "don't wear a mask, they are useless and will lull you into a false sense of security" or "Don't wear a mask. You risk infection if you don't take them off properly".
And then it's "Oh, yes, wear a mask it will protect you, honest".

And then expert number one comes up with "herd immunity. Give it to everyone and let the strong survive. It'll only kill off 1% of the population" but expert number two says "herd immunity is the worst possible thing. It could kill millions so the only course is to all stay indoors and contain it".

Perhaps this virus will be kind to us and cull the experts
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby A.N.Other » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:35 am

“very probably” going to recommend"" is a far cry from compelling!
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby Chrisdee » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:56 am

I'm certainly wearing mine when I am out in the supermarket something has got to be better than nothing and it will stop me scratching my nose with my hands
Chrisdee

Postby jpeg » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:52 pm

Not very nice when you have a runny nose is it also makes glasses foggy
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Paul - TV Techie » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:38 am

You can fold a tea towel in two, find a couple of rubber bands and that should do the best job of a home made mask. Also article below mentions hoover type dust bags you may be able to use.
https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/bes ... tLzupusI7Q

I'm certainly wearing mine when I am out in the supermarket something has got to be better than nothing and it will stop me scratching my nose with my hands

This will stop you scratching your nose!

Also whilst totally OTT looks-wise, in an utter emergency this can be used as a re-usable mask - has a back facing air intake, which you can cover with a couple of layers of tea towel (tried it, breathing ok). Protects the eyes too. which are vunerable too. I'm not sure i'd want to wear this, but it works and you can get them asap. https://www.amazon.es/CAMTOA-m%C3%A1sca ... 01&sr=8-11 this is what they are using in the hospitals now to help with shortages, with a 3D printed part to attach to the air valve for the ventilator / oxygen masks.
Paul - TV Techie

Which part of Spain are you from?: almoradi, alicante

Postby mondo » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:57 am

Our local farmacia gave us two and ... no charge... without asking.....

Thank you....
mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

PreviousNext