Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

FOOTBALL PLAYERS

Re: FOOTBALL PLAYERS

Postby Dave c » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:13 pm

Mo Salah doesn't drink and does many things for charity,and will do many more donations.
Dave c

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby elinspain » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:52 pm

HarvHar2018 wrote:I dont see why the focus is solely on the Football players when there is an extensive list of British Billionaires who good easily dig into their cash reserves and help out

I agree, it's unfair to single out one group of high earners when there are so many.... football club owners for a start who , although often foreign are joined by many Brits in the billionaire bracket.
elinspain

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Mata area

Postby Naranja » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:27 am

Some footballers do a lot for charity which goes unnoticed and they don’t need politicians to tell them to take a reduction in wages I think they should look at their own pay checks and take a reduction themselves as the royal family should do in this crisis.
Naranja

Which part of Spain are you from?: SAN luis

Postby Tim Stephens » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:22 am

The EFL is getting a 120 million hit from the Pl which is fair..
Tim Stephens

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby earlybay » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:03 am

I think the issue is that players are receiving full wages while hundreds of non playing staff at some clubs have been told to apply for the 80% government wage initiative. I believe a relative small wage cut for the players would pay the full wages for everybody at the club, instead of the taxpayer. Top clubs can spend millions on a player but (some) won’t bankroll their staff.
earlybay

Which part of Spain are you from?: Alicante

Postby billogs » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:01 pm

Leeds United players have already deffered their wages so that the rest of the staff can be paid.
billogs

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Steve4878 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:09 pm

I think its Valencia that have voluntarily taken a 4 month pay holiday and another either Spanish or Italian club a 70% cut in pay until further notice. At least one German club amongst others has also agreed a 30% cut. All these are voluntary from the rich players who feel they should make a contribution.
In the UK thr big clubs are asking the government to pay 80% of their backroom staff wages, yet still paying full wages to the players.
Not the best role models across Europe then and now Wayne Rooney has publicly said he thinks the Government asking rich clubs to do more is a disgrace. I doubt he understands though as he isn't the brightest smarty in the box!
Steve4878

Which part of Spain are you from?: Bennimar

Postby Foz955 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:33 pm

I actually have to agree with Mr Rooney that footballers are being singled out and this sort of negotiation should be done in private. What I am confused about is why were footballers not furloughed on March
14th when football was suspended? It seems unfair that other staff have been laid off, why are the players different?
Foz955

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Chapparal

Postby Michael murtagh » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:30 pm

Footballers if they are lucky have a ten year career.All working class lads
Plenty of others can take a cut :
Off shore newspaper owners
Hedge fund managers
Tory doners etc.
Michael murtagh

Which part of Spain are you from?: aqua park quesada

Postby Paulr » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:28 pm

HarvHar2018 wrote:I dont see why the focus is solely on the Football players when there is an extensive list of British Billionaires who could easily dig into their cash reserves and help out

This arose when some very wealthy football clubs applied to the Government to furlow their administrative staff, thereby having 80% of their staff's salaries funded by the UK taxpayer. It wasn't much of a leap for government ministers - and many others! - to say, hey, footballers can't do their "job" during lockdown, so why don't they reduce their salaries and pay the clubs' non-playing staff with the savings from the players' wage bill.
These are extraordinary times and extraordinary times require extraordinary measures.
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

PreviousNext