Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

FOOTBALL PLAYERS

Re: FOOTBALL PLAYERS

Postby A.N.Other » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:01 am

Furloughing players and having tax payers (in the end that's who will be picking up the bill for all of this) pay 80% of their salaries would have been an utter obscenity.

I hope the government are keeping note of who helped who sought only to persue and protect their own interests.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby Foz955 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:53 pm

The government wouldn't have paid players wages since they earn more than £2500/ month.
Foz955

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Chapparal

Postby Glassfull » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:11 pm

Foz955 wrote:The government wouldn't have paid players wages since they earn more than £2500/ month.

Not quite right, there is a £2,500 limit but it’s what the UK Government will pay, up to.

If a footballer on £1,000,000 a month was furloughed, he would only receive £2,500. However, rather that receive £2,500 a month, furloughed, by remaining in employment he would contribute significantly more in tax.
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby polop » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:19 pm

Michael murtagh wrote:Footballers if they are lucky have a ten year career.All working class lads
Plenty of others can take a cut :
Off shore newspaper owners
Hedge fund managers
Tory doners etc.

Although totally agree players from lower divisions may only have 10 years in soccer and deserve a decent salary, the players in the Premiership earn vast amounts and earn more in 1 year then most people in a lifetime, also they are not averse to tax avoidance as was shown a couple of years ago, but this debate should center round the owners of the Premiership clubs not the players it is owners who are laying ordinary workers off and claiming from the government
polop

Which part of Spain are you from?: La finca

Postby Red Rock » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:19 pm

I am ashamed to say that this issue was highlighted by the disgusting cesspit of a hierarchy that runs the team I have supported for 50 years.
Put all non playing staff on furlough so now the spotlight has fallen on the players (and I have it on good authority that the top earner is on £200k pw)
Red Rock

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby HarvHar2018 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:44 pm

The footballers are the easy targets, they already pay obscene amounts of tax, everyone says that the furlough is at the taxpayers expense

How much do the Epl footballers pay in tax per year, the way some people go on as if they don't contribute what so ever

As i said previously lets make the greedy list of British billionaires the target
Keep your face always towards the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you
HarvHar2018

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby polop » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:08 am

I see that owners of Liverpool have decided they can afford to pay staff and won't be taking money from the British taxpayers
polop

Which part of Spain are you from?: La finca

Previous