Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Car Suma.

Re: Car Suma.

Postby Ron Hill » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:10 pm

They should have sent you a letter confirming you are now liable for the tax and follow that with the bill with the reference number in top right corner.
You should also have the Spanish equivalent to the log book with transfer of ownership
Ron Hill

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby TonTri » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:23 pm

I haven't had a letter saying I'm now liable for the tax. Also I've only currently got a temporary transfer of ownership, the actual final document is with Autos Direct but it came in just before the lockdown so I've been unable to go to San Miguel to pick it up. I'll just have to wait and see if I get a bill.
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Macey02 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:56 pm

Hi you can pay it at the Suma office in Rojales if it’s open, it’s by the museum and church in Rojales
Macey02

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby marcliff » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:27 pm

Macey02 wrote:Hi you can pay it at the Suma office in Rojales if it’s open, it’s by the museum and church in Rojales

Not at the moment you can't.
All SUMA offices are closed.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby marcliff » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:46 pm

TonTri wrote:I haven't had a letter saying I'm now liable for the tax. Also I've only currently got a temporary transfer of ownership, the actual final document is with Autos Direct but it came in just before the lockdown so I've been unable to go to San Miguel to pick it up. I'll just have to wait and see if I get a bill.

If you use this SUMA site you can check the bill online by entering your NIE and your car reg (no space between numbers and letters)
It will come up to say what type of car it is, when the payment is due and how much and will show the vehicle is in your name as it matches the NIE to the vehicle.
If nothing comes up or it says not recognised then you are not responsible for paying it as the person or company who owned the vehicle on Jan 1st is liable for it.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby TonTri » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:03 pm

Thank you Marcliff, it worked!!
TonTri

Postby jules1 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:55 am

Thank you Marcliff, you know everything!
jules1

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby Mickey Braw » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:06 am

Not quite, he struggles with the lottery numbers. :text-lol:
Mickey Braw

Postby rupertthebear » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:54 am

Thank you too Marcliff, I'm stuck in the UK and was worried by this. Have just clicked on the Suma link on your post, and all sorted in about a minute. Cheers.
rupertthebear

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Creed » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:00 pm

Yes well done Marcliff. Used your link today and easy as opening a tin of beer if I may say so or a glass of Spanish Rioja so all done now for a year. Hopefully things will resume we hope and prey

marcliff wrote:
TonTri wrote:I haven't had a letter saying I'm now liable for the tax. Also I've only currently got a temporary transfer of ownership, the actual final document is with Autos Direct but it came in just before the lockdown so I've been unable to go to San Miguel to pick it up. I'll just have to wait and see if I get a bill.

If you use this SUMA site you can check the bill online by entering your NIE and your car reg (no space between numbers and letters)
It will come up to say what type of car it is, when the payment is due and how much and will show the vehicle is in your name as it matches the NIE to the vehicle.
If nothing comes up or it says not recognised then you are not responsible for paying it as the person or company who owned the vehicle on Jan 1st is liable for it.
Creed

PreviousNext