Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Face masks

Re: Face masks

Postby Ireneinveraray » Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:06 am

Plenty of videos on YouTube showing how to make a mask. Need a sewing machine though. Saw one on Facebook made out of a sock. Looked easy.
Ireneinveraray

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby TonTri » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:50 am

Not necessarily. I made mine using paper napkins, eleastic and a stapler. You want a decent paper napkin, 2 ply thick, notthe cheap scratchy ones, just fold it in a fan shape, put some elastic or elastic bands either end, fold the ends over and staple.

I re-use the elastic, and with the napkins costing €1.39 for 100 it's as cheap as chips.
20200419_084149.jpg
TonTri

Postby Dj1969 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:26 am

However if you use the shirt mask and put the coffee filter inside it will be more effective. Cut the filter to fit.
Dj1969

Postby stieva » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:38 am

[quote = "Quigley"] Hej alla,

jag empati med alla som kämpar för att hitta (eller köpa) ansiktsmasker till sin bit mot detta fruktansvärda virus.
Den här veckan lyckades jag köpa ett par masker från kemisten nära Consum.
Masken är mycket grundläggande och kostar 2,50 € vardera. [/ Offert]

Tack så mycket för din hjälp
Stig
stieva

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales, Ciudad Ques

Postby daz » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:37 am

firstly, the ones you seem to be describing to make , are paper and / worse still, tissue based, and / or cloth based. These easily hold moisture so once some has sneezed or coughed hard enough for droplets to land on your face mask, you then become ‘more’ at risk than if you didn’t wear one. So before you quote that doctors wear them, it is only for short term use, to protect the patient from anything the doctor might have picked up for another recent patient. secondly, they are only useful ‘short term’, as in half an hour, or an hour or so, and are designed that way for single use. Once they have been on to the point they become moist through to the other side with the users breath, they are useless. This is because most bugs rely on moisture to survive, so once in a wet mask, will find a way through to the other other side and become a problem to who ever is on the other side.

So, u need to buy a few hundred of these masks, for every human contact u make in a day, firstly one for you, and one for every person you come into close contact with, just incase they have just been in contact with someone else who might not show any symptoms yet. And you need enough supply to last you a few months until this is over with. Are you prepared for that cost?

The only mask that could possibly be effective are those that are mainly made of silicone or rubber. But, even then, each time you touch the outside surface to adjust it or remove it, you’ve no idea what’s landed on the surface of it, so you need to wash your hands ‘every’ time you do that.

Having said that, the sensible alternative is, keep yourself well, eat the right foods with various vitamins and nutrients in them, so you are healthy enough to deal with it “IF” you should be affected. So, just follow the current distancing and stay at home rules, and go about your day the best you can.

all the information is out there, or, good luck with whatever superstitious beliefs that gives u peace of mind.
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby AndyC » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:53 am

:text-goodpost:
AndyC

Postby shemarg » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:00 am

I soak my mask in the liquid alcohol then rinse and dry it so it can be reused without fear of germs
shemarg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Golf. Quesada

Postby Locknut » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:28 am

Locknut

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Rosa

Postby faolteam » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:20 am

Unless the mask is waterproof Ur wasting Ur time
faolteam

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Jordy » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:11 pm

Chrisdee wrote:From next week chemist will give them out free as long as you provide your sip card.

How would those residents without SIP cards for whatever reason obtain these? Any ideas anyone?
Jordy

PreviousNext