Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Social distancing is hear until the end of the year in Uk

Social distancing is hear until the end of the year in Uk

Postby Creed » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:24 am

326E8FD4-15CE-4EA5-9064-C138E2782DD3.jpeg
It clearly says this at the main topic
Let’s be honest social distancing is with us until the end of the year in the Uk it’s going no where as seen on the Uk government briefing yesterday
Creed

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Social distancing is hear until the end of the year in U

Postby TonTri » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:56 am

It's going to be the same everywhere. There will have to be social distancing in one form or another until a vaccine is found.
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby GLASSMAN » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:36 am

I don't think so,i think they will suspend the distancing measures when the the medical facilities are up and running at 100% and have suffiecent stocks of PPE available and in stock to cope, as and when they can cope with the influx of fatalities,at the the moment the distancing measure are just bidding time ,ready for the second wave, and the onus will be on the general public to social distance if they can when going about there daily work,living,Countries economies cant sustain lockdown ,social distancing measure for that length of time,Goverments should make it compulsory for the over 70s to stay on lockdown with regulated hours and days for leisure and shopping,and let the workers get back to work and get the economys of the world going,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Jabberwocky » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:58 pm

Goverments should make it compulsory for the over 70s to stay on lockdown with regulated hours and days for leisure and shopping,

A "Bit Ageist" I feel in your comment, as many of this age are very fit and healthy and no I am not close to this age yet, just saying, but I feel you may get more replies from others.......
Jabberwocky

Which part of Spain are you from?: Close to Torrevieja

Postby Glassfull » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:27 pm

Jabberwocky wrote:Goverments should make it compulsory for the over 70s to stay on lockdown with regulated hours and days for leisure and shopping,

A "Bit Ageist" I feel in your comment, as many of this age are very fit and healthy and no I am not close to this age yet, just saying, but I feel you may get more replies from others.......

The over 70s will be needed to run the country after all the workers catch covid where there's no distancing.
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Sage » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:47 pm

Everyone know that 70 is the new 45.....at least that's what the 70 year olds will tell you.
Sage

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby GLASSMAN » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:58 pm

Jabberwocky wrote:Goverments should make it compulsory for the over 70s to stay on lockdown with regulated hours and days for leisure and shopping,

I see your point,
but no different than the over 65s getting free masks at the farmacias,thats ageism in reverse, (as quoted in another post someone got 6 as they were over 65)
glad to see Rojales council offering 1 free mask to all residents,but non to be had were I called,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Ian2009 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:48 pm

GLASSMAN wrote:I don't think so,i think they will suspend the distancing measures when the the medical facilities are up and running at 100% and have suffiecent stocks of PPE available and in stock to cope, as and when they can cope with the influx of fatalities,at the the moment the distancing measure are just bidding time ,ready for the second wave, and the onus will be on the general public to social distance if they can when going about there daily work,living,Countries economies cant sustain lockdown ,social distancing measure for that length of time,Goverments should make it compulsory for the over 70s to stay on lockdown with regulated hours and days for leisure and shopping,and let the workers get back to work and get the economys of the world going,

Totally agree - there are a few specific sections of society that are massively more at risk from this virus and as someone who is nearly 70 - less than 12 months ago had a double bypass with collapsed lungs shortly after the operation - I think it is very unfair to “crash” the economy for the younger generations including my children and my grandchildren who will ultimately pick up the tab.

We have been a very privileged generation - easy to find a job when we left school, relatively easy to buy our first homes, generally good nest eggs or pensions - sometimes even inheritances and second homes and fantastic free health care!

They should advise (not tell - then it’s your choice) the vulnerable to continue not to “put themselves in harms way” until a vaccine is available - set up more community based support for that period - helping with shopping, exercise, social connections using IT etc - but it is time for us to think of the others and let them get their lives back before it is too late.
Ian2009

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dońa Pepa

Postby Billyboy » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:58 pm

I agree with Glassman and Ian2009 . Good Posts !
Billyboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby fireblade900 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:40 pm

Hola

Interesting to see how social distancing is going to work on the aeroplanes !

Maybe they will have window seats only and every other row seating leaving 70 to 80 % of the plane empty..even then a temp and swab test compulsory !

I can see flight tickets cost a lot more if this takes place ...
fireblade900

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Next