Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Iberdrola & Electric Bills

Re: Iberdrola & Electric Bills

Postby Chrisdee » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:03 pm

Thank you Accountant, thought I was paying for ours and next doors!
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby oneillsweet » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:45 pm

Thank you everyone for your comments. Just to clarify the bill dated 27/1/20 to 24/2/20 was the cheaper one when we were out in Spain for a week and were using oven, lights, heating etc. Then bill dated 24/2/20 to 25/3/20 no electricity on at all except for the poll pump. Had even switched off the fridge/freezer so this is why the bills make no sense. But I will try to see if I can do what you suggest re the app.
oneillsweet

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta

Postby marcliff » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Some of these bills seem a bit expensive but, as mentioned before, it will heavily depend on what power you are contracted for. You will pay for each Kw contracted for plus rental of meter and taxes regardless of how much electricity you use.
It's almost 13 cents (12.2951) per kw per day. So if you have 5.75Kw (the norm nowadays but some less and some more) then it will cost 12.2951 x 5.75 x 31 per month or about 22 euro a month just for providing the power. You then have 21% VAT to add on that, plus meter rental and other things they can think of.
Then, of course, there's the electricity. We are on the choose your hour plan and my last quarter bill came to €29.89 for the electricity but the bill was actually €62.16 when you add on the taxes and connection charges.
That makes it €32.27 for those charges which is more than the electricity we used.

The same every month, charges are more than the cost of electricity.
If you use no electricity at all you will still be subject to the charges.

Only thing to suggest is change to the day/night or pick your hours tariff and then make sure the pool pump etc only comes on in those times as the cost for the electricity is less than half (9 cents as opposed to 19 cents per Kw used).
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Previous