Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Iberdrola & Electric Bills

Iberdrola & Electric Bills

Postby oneillsweet » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:15 pm

Hi
I am struggling to understand my Iberdrola bills. We have the day/night contract. We do not live in the property but the bills seem to make no sense. For example in February we were out for a week and the monthly bill was Euros 52.45. At this time the pool pump ran as usual. We were using a/c for heating, lighting, cooking, tv etc. Our bill for month end feb to march when we were not there at all and even the fridge/freezer was switched off was Euros 71.81. The only thing running was the pool pump and tv on standby. The bills for both months say that the figures for usage have been read.
This just does not make any sense to me. Am I missing something.
Any advice or suggestions please?
oneillsweet

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta

Re: Iberdrola & Electric Bills

Postby Adey » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:08 am

It might depend on what dates you were out here, my bill is taken from the 15th of Feb to 14th of March, even though the money doesn't come out of my account until around the 25th of each month.

So for instance if you came out after the 15th, it wouldn't show up until the next months bill, check the meter reading dates against when you were here.
Adey

Which part of Spain are you from?: Jacarilla

Postby Rickys » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:37 am

Have you got a smart meter? I believe most have now, if you do you can download the Iberdrola app and see your daily consumption, we have recently changed energy provider and had 2 bills since on a like for like comparison its about 15 euro a month cheaper. We changed to Gana energia as its 100% renewable energy.
Rickys

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby milor » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:06 pm

As said, you can download the app to see your daily usage. However the app you need is the i-DE app not the Iberdrola App.

The night and day rate is rather confusing as the one advertised is a fixed unit rate one for a fixed term. There is a much cheaper one which is not advertised.

By choosing the Night and Day rate (you must have a smart meter) that is hourly billed instead of fixed rate, you will pay around 5cents off peak and 12 cents peak.
This is a huge saving compared to the fixed rate.
They cant advertise this tariff as the cost is variable from hour to hour. All rates are displayed daily and you can see on line the charge cost every hour for the next 24 hours.
However
It has varied very little over the past few years and prices have remained within a couple of cents per KWHour, so not worth checking prices daily.
milor

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:18 pm

I think our bills are fairly high considering we use gas for water and hob cooking. For electric we have, lights, 2 main computers, a large smart tv used from 5 - midnight, a tv in the bedroom used for an hour a night, phones and tablets recharged, Halogen oven not used every day,( a normal oven not used very often as use the halogen just for 2 people) no pool, haven't used aircon for month and months since the summer, small fridge freezer, washing machine used in the hours for the night tariff and our last bill was 107 euros. I have been into the shop and asked if the nightime tariff is the best one for us, she took a look at the bill and said yes. I'd really like them to see exactly what I am using and when and tell me the best plan for my house. Difficult
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby TonTri » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:28 pm

Chrisdee wrote:I think our bills are fairly high considering we use gas for water and hob cooking. For electric we have, lights, 2 main computers, a large smart tv used from 5 - midnight, a tv in the bedroom used for an hour a night, phones and tablets recharged, Halogen oven not used every day,( a normal oven not used very often as use the halogen just for 2 people) no pool, haven't used aircon for month and months since the summer, small fridge freezer, washing machine used in the hours for the night tariff and our last bill was 107 euros. I have been into the shop and asked if the nightime tariff is the best one for us, she took a look at the bill and said yes. I'd really like them to see exactly what I am using and when and tell me the best plan for my house. Difficult

Is that for a month Chrisdee or a quarter?
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Adey » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:30 pm

Chrisdee wrote:I'd really like them to see exactly what I am using and when and tell me the best plan for my house. Difficult

No it's not difficult Chrisdee, I changed over to the 8 hour tariff and it actually showed my usage, it showed the last seven days and the usage per hour, that way you can see which hours you want to apply a cheap rate.
Adey

Which part of Spain are you from?: Jacarilla

Postby Sage » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:23 pm

People in the UK are finding their gas & electric bills are higher since the lockdown was introduced. Instead of being out at work & out in the evening etc everything is now happening at home. I guess it's going to be the same everywhere.
Sage

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Dave c » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:26 pm

TV etc on most of the day plus many people are doing a lot more cooking and baking.
Dave c

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:40 pm

It was the bill that arrived 2 days ago believe it was just a month

TonTri wrote:
Is that for a month Chrisdee or a quarter?
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Next