Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Open Air Markets - from Sat 4th May

Re: Open Air Markets - from Sat 4th May

Postby Mr Bo Jangles » Fri May 01, 2020 5:53 pm

Message for bernie day, the quality may be slightly better than fruit and veg on the market but there is no way it is cheaper than market produce, especially the La Marina Mkt on a Saturday.
Mr Bo Jangles

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby vilna » Fri May 01, 2020 6:41 pm

1kg onions supermarket 1.29 euro,
1kg onions @ last rojales market 79c
Lots of fruit n veg cheaper on markets in my expierence
Big difference if your feeding a family
vilna

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby elchedave » Fri May 01, 2020 6:56 pm

vilna wrote:1kg onions supermarket 1.29 euro,
1kg onions @ last rojales market 79c
Lots of fruit n veg cheaper on markets in my expierence
Big difference if your feeding a family

elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby william » Fri May 01, 2020 8:35 pm

Please follow the lockdown rules for everyones good how can you visit La Marina when you live in Rojales they will if the town hall agrees have their on market,this lockdown is no a game it's for real, let all stay safe and save lives.
william

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby vilna » Fri May 01, 2020 8:40 pm

Looks like some people still dont understand the idea of lockdown procedures
vilna

Postby PamC » Sat May 02, 2020 10:17 am

I strongly agree that our local markets need support. Local food producers need help and the markets are an important part of spanish life and culture apart from being a tourist attraction if these are lost it will be a major loss to spanish life as well as to the tourism industry in the future for a country where the economy will be dramatially affected.

f you can ask what is the difference between produce in the market versus that in the supermarket perhaps you have not frequented a market - the answer is - so much more taste because the food is fresh picked to go straight to market and can therefore be properly ripened , variety of size is allowed - whereas the supermarkets regulate shape and size. the food at market is not homogonised and you will be able to taste before you buy.
PamC

Postby burnie day » Sat May 02, 2020 11:15 am

Oh come on, Really !!!

Freshly picked, and then sits in your house for days, Tastes great just like any other that is sold in a supermarket

Most local traders on the market buy their stock / produce from the Veg Subasta in Almoradi. Have you ever been ?

living is also apart of any culture, so please don't patronize, I for one don't fancy another two months of lock down because we need to buy a spud or tomato from the market

kindest regards
Burnie

ps. A bit like new coven garden market is central London.

Please don't kid yourself, its not farmers selling their produce at the market, and its not as fresh as you think.
burnie day

Postby vilna » Sat May 02, 2020 11:23 am

I have spanish friend who has fruit ,veg stalll rojales,almorasi markets,grows his own and traddes with other growers,his son alsk runs a well known restaurant and yses home grown produce up to lockdown.
vilna

Postby PamC » Sat May 02, 2020 11:41 am

Perhaps the anti market guy is not not a cook? I would ask you why you think shopping in an open air market and observing the rules is safer for anyone than shopping in enclosed supermarkets.
Everything I know about the virus tells us that outdoors is safer than confined spaces. Yes we should obey the rules of course but we do need to think things through carefully and not have knee jerk reactions. I know some produce may be brought in from other areas, but the stuff I seek out is not. I get to taste it and I can buy it ripened so I dont need to keep it like a supermarket hard avocado 'sitting around' I can use it then and there. I dont think we need to critisise people wanting to use markets if they obey the directions of the govt.That is who has decided to open the markets and who has set out the rules under which we can enjoy the markets. I for one will follow the rules while supporting the markets and being able to enjoy really fresh ripe products which I have been able to taste
. 'To each his own'.(within the rules)
PamC

Postby Glassfull » Sat May 02, 2020 11:53 am

PamC wrote:'To each his own'.(within the rules)

Can't argue with that
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

PreviousNext