Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Open Air Markets - from Sat 4th May

Re: Open Air Markets - from Sat 4th May

Postby marcliff » Sat May 02, 2020 12:07 pm

burnie day wrote:
ps. A bit like new coven garden market is central London.

Please don't kid yourself, its not farmers selling their produce at the market, and its not as fresh as you think.

Only open at certain hours for registered witches?
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Tony W » Sat May 02, 2020 12:42 pm

:text-goodpost:
PamC wrote:Perhaps the anti market guy is not not a cook? I would ask you why you think shopping in an open air market and observing the rules is safer for anyone than shopping in enclosed supermarkets.
Everything I know about the virus tells us that outdoors is safer than confined spaces. Yes we should obey the rules of course but we do need to think things through carefully and not have knee jerk reactions. I know some produce may be brought in from other areas, but the stuff I seek out is not. I get to taste it and I can buy it ripened so I dont need to keep it like a supermarket hard avocado 'sitting around' I can use it then and there. I dont think we need to critisise people wanting to use markets if they obey the directions of the govt.That is who has decided to open the markets and who has set out the rules under which we can enjoy the markets. I for one will follow the rules while supporting the markets and being able to enjoy really fresh ripe products which I have been able to taste
. 'To each his own'.(within the rules)

Totally agree :text-goodpost:
Tony W

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby burnie day » Sat May 02, 2020 12:51 pm

Exactly that.

If your a market trader, you buy your stock from the wholesalers, here it is most likely from the the Veg subasta in Almoradi, where the local cooperatives bring their produce

And just to confirm, I am not ANTI MARKET, just can not see the point of opening markets for fruit and veg when you can purchase everything from a controlled local environment at this moment in time.

Its got nothing to do with saving a few bucks or how sweet the oranges taste blah blah blah,,,,, but everything to do with saving lives

Roll on freedom, but at least be sure it's ok to do so otherwise there still would not be road blocks coming out of Madrid or Catalonia
burnie day

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby cheflady » Sat May 02, 2020 12:57 pm

In Thursdays Alicante Plaza News Paper informed people that Rafal, Bigastro and Benejuzer markets have been able to open once again, I for one will be using the Benejuzer once.
cheflady

Postby elinspain » Sun May 03, 2020 10:50 am

PamC wrote:Perhaps the anti market guy is not not a cook? I would ask you why you think shopping in an open air market and observing the rules is safer for anyone than shopping in enclosed supermarkets.
Everything I know about the virus tells us that outdoors is safer than confined spaces. Yes we should obey the rules of course but we do need to think things through carefully and not have knee jerk reactions. I know some produce may be brought in from other areas, but the stuff I seek out is not. I get to taste it and I can buy it ripened so I dont need to keep it like a supermarket hard avocado 'sitting around' I can use it then and there. I dont think we need to critisise people wanting to use markets if they obey the directions of the govt.That is who has decided to open the markets and who has set out the rules under which we can enjoy the markets. I for one will follow the rules while supporting the markets and being able to enjoy really fresh ripe products which I have been able to taste
. 'To each his own'.(within the rules)
elinspain

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Mata area

Previous