Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Check procedure for cv in UK .

Re: Check procedure for cv in UK .

Postby marcliff » Sun May 03, 2020 7:32 pm

TonTri wrote:
blingle wrote:
TonTri wrote:What a palaver!! I don't think it would be any worse in the case of radioactive fall-out.

Some might say 'palaver'; others might say 'thorough'.

Radioactive fallout tends to be 'relatively ' localised.

This coronavirus affects the entire world.

How lax would you prefer them to be?

In my opinion, totally lax. Yes shield the elderly and vulnerable, particularly those in care homes, yes have some measures of social distancing, but for the majority of the population there is very little risk. No more than seasonal flu, SARS, MERS etc which are still around and for which the majority don't get vaccinated anyway. They've got more chance of being killed in a road accident than dying of coronavirus.

Now thanks to the WHO and media and governments around the world, people the world over are paranoid and prepared to give up the rest of their lives to live in solitary misery rather than saying what the heck, I've had a good life and lived it to the max.

I know this will upset a lot on here but it has to be said. And I'm in a vulnerable group by the way, but I would just prefer to live a normal life and take my chances.

I disagree. Look at the excess mortality rates during this virus. Taking into account that there are always excess deaths due to flu and pneumonia at this time of the year, the excess deaths in one week in Spain accounted for 8000 more deaths that could be expected during the flu and pneumonia season. .That means the same number of people are dying from those but an extra 8,000 in one week died.

The number of people dying in the US in April exceeded that of those killed in road deaths in an entire year.
At the end of March this year, 216 people have been killed in road traffic accidents in 2020, rather less than those 8,000 in one week which are excess mortalities.

In UK, the number of excess mortality in the flue and pneumonia winter season has averaged out at around 8,000 deaths in the entire period. As of the middle of April, there have been about 12,000 more deaths than could be expected in the viral season. 1870 people died in road traffic accidents in UK in 2019.

In the whole of 2018, 1820 people were killed in road traffic accidents in Spain. Now tell me you've got more chance of dying in a traffic accident.

Please don't treat this thing as just another flu epidemic because it isn't. It is far more dangerous and virulent than any of the normal ones.

Yes, the only thing I agree on is that the press have come out with scare stories. That's probably because it is scary.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Chrisdee » Sun May 03, 2020 7:38 pm

Nothing you do or say would upset me but if you are fit and healthy whatever age you are why take chances? You take chances and catch the virus you could pass it on, that's scary!

TonTri wrote:I know this will upset a lot on here but it has to be said. And I'm in a vulnerable group by the way, but I would just prefer to live a normal life and take my chances.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby TonTri » Sun May 03, 2020 7:58 pm

There are so many facts and figures that it's impossible to know which are right and which are wrong. Take Sweden for example, yes their death rate is higher than their neighbours but it's still much lower than the UK, Spain, Italy and the US. I've also seen epidemiology experts say that regardless of lockdown measures the virus passes its peak in deaths after 6 weeks and thereafter starts going down. You may get a higher peak of deaths now, but those are likely to be the vulnerable who may not have survived next winter, so it will even itself out.

I understand the need to slow down the rate of spread to prevent the health services become swamped but why can't people be trusted to use their common sense to voluntarily not put themselves in harms way (like in Sweden) than governments making everything law and instilling total fear in the population. Yes you will get the ones who don't toe the line but you get that even in times of lockdown.
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Chrisdee » Sun May 03, 2020 8:44 pm

It's not the number of deaths that count it's the percentage of the population that counts. They have more people dying per million than the USA, there are only 6 major European Nations that have a higher percentage per population. What about all the young children and young people that have got underlying problems, they've got more of a chance of catching it if more people go out because they want to.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby TonTri » Sun May 03, 2020 8:49 pm

I did say the vulnerable and elderly should be protected by self isolating, that includes children and young people with health conditions of course.
TonTri

Postby Annier999 » Mon May 04, 2020 7:33 am

So how do you explain my friends who’ve died, who were quite young, and had no underlying conditions? One of them was working from home on Friday and dead by Sunday morning. The cause was Covid 19.

The police officers, doctors and nurses in previous good health? I don’t particularly care about your survival; but don’t infect someone I do care about because of your lax attitude.
Annier999

Postby TonTri » Mon May 04, 2020 8:21 am

Annier999 wrote:So how do you explain my friends who’ve died, who were quite young, and had no underlying conditions? One of them was working from home on Friday and dead by Sunday morning. The cause was Covid 19.

The police officers, doctors and nurses in previous good health? I don’t particularly care about your survival; but don’t infect someone I do care about because of your lax attitude.

I'm sorry but I don't care for your criticising tone. I do not have a lax arirude and I am following all the guidelines to the letter. I just don't think that many governments are handling this the right way.
TonTri

Postby anthomo16 » Mon May 04, 2020 10:10 am

These stations are farmed out by the government and appear to be only half set up. On the form it states that if you would feel more comfortable for someone to do the swabbing for you, just advise the attendant. When I asked for this for my family, I was told that it was not possible, we were also told off for not bringing tissues and hand sanitizers, when we replied that this was not stated on the form and if we had been told we would most certainly have complied, we were told off quite severely by this eastern european jobsworth (she came from Bulgaria). A supervisor was called who again told us that this was not a Government set-up!! Really so are these stations just setting up on their own? We left disgusted. It really is not easy to swap the back of your throat without gagging which is why we wanted a professional to do it. It was a badly set-up farce.
What a shame that a good idea was not thought through more thoroughly, just done to get the numbers up so that the Government could say that everything was on target!!! And yes I did vote for Boris!
anthomo16

Which part of Spain are you from?: ciudad quesada

Postby camionpilot » Mon May 04, 2020 10:30 am

Eastern europeans are not known for there tact ..!! ;)
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby Ian2009 » Mon May 04, 2020 1:31 pm

I watched this first:

https://youtu.be/8lo6g-TYZ-c
Ian2009

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dońa Pepa

PreviousNext