Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Confusion reigns in Spain

Re: Confusion reigns in Spain

Postby marcliff » Wed May 06, 2020 3:25 pm

You wait until next week when we change to Phase 1. Some regions will advance to phase 1, others will stay in phase 0 as they haven't met the criteria. Madrid will probably stay in phase 0, Catalonia will probably go to phase 1 except for the Barcelona province which will stay at phase 0. Some of Andalusia will move on to phase 1 but Malaga and Granada may either stay at phase 0 or move to phase 1 with restriction on meeting up and travelling.

Thankfully, it looks like all of the Valencia region will move to phase 1 from Monday 11th.

Travel limitations within a province from phase 1 have still not been decided.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Steve4878 » Wed May 06, 2020 5:22 pm

I really cant see any confusion. Rules are straight forward and updated if changed. These are all communicated so I don't see any problems.
Steve4878

Which part of Spain are you from?: Bennimar

Postby marcliff » Wed May 06, 2020 7:20 pm

Steve4878 wrote:I really cant see any confusion. Rules are straight forward and updated if changed. These are all communicated so I don't see any problems.

Your are forgetting two things about Europe in general and Spain in particular.

1. Bureaucracy was invented to keep Spanish civil servants in a job. The have honed it to a fine art, hence the number of police agencies all dealing with different things, permission from town halls to stick an extra brick on your wall or change the tiles in your kitchen, official documents - some of which have expiry dates and others which do not - if they can't get around the way the documents don't expire then they produce a new one which means you have to renew it in any case, regardless of whether it has expired or not. The French are also experts at this and anyone who has had to deal with the various Amts in Germany will know the Anglo Saxons can mix it with the best of the red tape brigade.

2. In UK we are used to the idea that if something is not specifically banned then it is allowed. Not so on Le Contingnon. Here, anything that is not specifically allowed is banned.

And they all work on the rule that they can change the rules when they want but they don't have to tell anyone about it. Anyone applying for NIE, Padron or residency in Spain can confirm that.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Jonnno » Wed May 06, 2020 9:14 pm

In a nutshell! Perfect.
Jonnno

Which part of Spain are you from?: Marquesa

Postby WILLIAMB » Thu May 07, 2020 3:41 pm

Marcliffe has it spot on !
WILLIAMB

Which part of Spain are you from?: CATRAL

Postby ros4111 » Thu May 07, 2020 8:43 pm

Jonnno wrote:I respect all the views expressed. But Spain has a massive history of making laws which do not get implented because they are unclear and not thought out.
The issue of sharing a car is typical - there are loads of posts on here about it seeking clarification. Still not clear enough.
Historically laws about property ownership have been vague. Rules were introduced then cancelled at the drop of a hat.

Spain is great place to live if u close you eyes to all the cockp ups from the past.

I dissagree about the car. The rule was "Only one person in front of a car and another in the rear right seat" easy...

Now they added something "The car can be full, with every seat occuped if they life together" easy.

Regards
ros4111

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby ros4111 » Thu May 07, 2020 8:47 pm

marcliff wrote:
Steve4878 wrote:I really cant see any confusion. Rules are straight forward and updated if changed. These are all communicated so I don't see any problems.

Your are forgetting two things about Europe in general and Spain in particular.

1. Bureaucracy was invented to keep Spanish civil servants in a job. The have honed it to a fine art, hence the number of police agencies all dealing with different things, permission from town halls to stick an extra brick on your wall or change the tiles in your kitchen, official documents - some of which have expiry dates and others which do not - if they can't get around the way the documents don't expire then they produce a new one which means you have to renew it in any case, regardless of whether it has expired or not. The French are also experts at this and anyone who has had to deal with the various Amts in Germany will know the Anglo Saxons can mix it with the best of the red tape brigade.

2. In UK we are used to the idea that if something is not specifically banned then it is allowed. Not so on Le Contingnon. Here, anything that is not specifically allowed is banned.

And they all work on the rule that they can change the rules when they want but they don't have to tell anyone about it. Anyone applying for NIE, Padron or residency in Spain can confirm that.

NO In Spain if something is not specifically banned then it is allowed.

Tell me just one example that I am wrong, please.

Regards.
ros4111

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby David Stokes » Fri May 08, 2020 8:28 am

The main confusion regarding the Alarma rules comes from people disseminating false information gleaned from bad translations and rumours on Blogs like this and Facebook and the like. It is generally very clear if you read the original announcements and/or follow the advice of those truly in the know like Darren Parmenter.

I wish the people who only come on here solely to whinge would clear off.
David Stokes

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Mac3blade » Fri May 08, 2020 9:48 am

Things are improving unlike UK. Please elaborate as I can’t imagine what you mean. You have literally been imprisoned in your homes for 7 weeks while we have not. Yes, our death toll has risen but if you have been watching the news you will know that a huge proportion of those who died were black or ethnic minorities who don’t seem to be able to fight the virus. We have had a huge number of immigrants who came to Britain in search of a better life. As I posted before, I am convinced as are many others that the BCG and POLIO vaccine have given us all some immunity. I am guessing that many of the people who succumbed to covid19 did not have these vaccines as many countries including Spain ( apart from Catalonia) did not vaccinate their young.
Life for us in the UK has been nothing short of delightful. We have food delivered to us regularly from Tesco, Iceland and Spar. I have received deliveries of lawn moss treatment, skip hire, hair colour which had to be done with the help of my husband, our post comes as usual
I order clothes for the summer which gave all been lovely and I also got a new pair of Sketchers as my other pair are in Spain. I have ordered a lovely fatten outdoor table and chairs which will be delivered soon. What is do dreadful about life in the UK? We can’t go out for a meal , coffee or drinks but we walk everyday along the golf course and castle grounds. I see so many people out walking with their children. People move onto the road when passing to maintain the 2 meter distance. I am able to order birthday cards from Moonpig for the family, M&S delivered flowers to all my children at Easter. My husband requires surgery and his consultant insists that it be done ASAP so he is being tested for covid19 today and goes in for surgery on Sunday. Sadly, I can’t visit but I can FaceTime regularly.
Business continues in different ways. People are working from home and all seem to love that. My daughter had her first baby at the end of February and now her husband isn’t racing off to work early in the morning, instead they can have a coffee together, lunch etc. And he gets to see more of his little boy.
I can hear all the birds twittering away outside my window. We have 2 bird feeders in the back garden and it is lovely to watch them all through the day.
On top of all that , the weather is divine. All the shrubs are in full bloom and colourful.
Life here is as close to normal as it can be under the circumstances . Scientists are working tirelessly to find vaccines and we have several companies providing test kits which will in due course help to bring lives back to some normality.
I you must remember that we learn something new about this virus everyday. Based on the dreadful number of people dying in Italy and Spain , we built massive hospital s all over the UK in preparation for vast numbers of sick. Thankfully, we haven’t needed them. We thought we would need ventilators for numerous patients but now are using different and less invasive methods so I imagine we have an over abundance of ventilators too . We are doing our best and before long life will return to some semblance of normality.

Please don’t belittle the UK, remember, this is where you came from and we are a proud and wonderful nation.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Mac3blade » Fri May 08, 2020 9:49 am

Excuse misspelling!
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

PreviousNext