Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Confusion reigns in Spain

Confusion reigns in Spain

Postby Jonnno » Mon May 04, 2020 7:19 pm

Spanish have a wonderful gift for over complicating things. It must just be a way of keeping people employed.

Whenever they introduce anything new, such as new re rules etc it is always plagued by inconsistencies which then needs many more edicts to rectify.

What a way to do things.
Jonnno

Which part of Spain are you from?: Marquesa

Re: Confusion reigns in Spain

Postby A.N.Other » Mon May 04, 2020 7:46 pm

Freestyling by autonomous regions or municipalities doesn't help.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby Jonnno » Mon May 04, 2020 8:15 pm

Doesn't help when original message changes either.
Jonnno

Postby JakkiB » Tue May 05, 2020 5:17 pm

At least they are doing SOMETHING. It's very difficult to cover every small point for everyone. Things are improving, unlike the UK. Thank you Spain!
JakkiB

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby ros4111 » Tue May 05, 2020 8:27 pm

The problem is that people need very very very specific rules to do something or not to do something. And nobody has the slightest idea of how to do things as well as possible, so they have to adapt and change things.

If people weren't so stupid it wouldn't be necessary and there is always someone who "looks for 3 feet for the cat"
ros4111

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Joyce » Wed May 06, 2020 7:53 am

Well fair enough it is all a bit confusing but I’m still here because our flights were cancelled and we weren’t happy about the idea of travelling to one of the major cities here to get another flight. having said that we do feel safe he. We’ve are following the rules but are worried about a our family in the UK with the way things are happening over there. I feel Spain have tried to be positive about the whole thing whilst the British government are floundering about. The idea that anyone can fly into Britain and not be tested frightens me. At least we are seeing infection and death rate going down.
Joyce

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby mondo » Wed May 06, 2020 8:17 am

I don't think there is any confusion in Spain.. Okay, they go for a decision, then adapt it...nowt wrong with that... better than stick in the mud dogma...

Spain seems to have a better handle on things than the UK that is for sure..
mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Mickey Braw » Wed May 06, 2020 8:58 am

mondo wrote:I don't think there is any confusion in Spain.. Okay, they go for a decision, then adapt it...nowt wrong with that... better than stick in the mud dogma...

Spain seems to have a better handle on things than the UK that is for sure..

You are right. Any confusion is caused by the rule stretchers who insist on going up every blind alley to find a way out of conforming.
Mickey Braw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Jonnno » Wed May 06, 2020 1:20 pm

I respect all the views expressed. But Spain has a massive history of making laws which do not get implented because they are unclear and not thought out.
The issue of sharing a car is typical - there are loads of posts on here about it seeking clarification. Still not clear enough.
Historically laws about property ownership have been vague. Rules were introduced then cancelled at the drop of a hat.
Spain is great place to live if u close you eyes to all the cockp ups from the past.
Jonnno

Postby Adey » Wed May 06, 2020 2:53 pm

Regardless of how many people keep whinging about unclear restrictions, we are all a lot better off here at the moment than back in the UK, back there they think they are in lock down, they have no idea what a proper lock down actually looks like.
Adey

Which part of Spain are you from?: Jacarilla

Next