Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

UK DEATH RATE,COVID19Very high in uk

Re: UK DEATH RATE,COVID19Very high in uk

Postby Titch » Sat May 09, 2020 8:58 am

Does Spain include deaths in the community and care homes I wonder? And other countries may count differently to UK.
Titch

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby vilna » Sat May 09, 2020 9:02 am

Yes i feel safer in Spain,
But thats a good point,regrading german genetics masterrace,there will still be many many,pure breed germans,
vilna

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby vilna » Sat May 09, 2020 9:08 am

I could never understand back iin febuary when a plane landed in southern uk airport, and someone proved covid positive and they transported everyone on board ,to an isolation hospital in northern uk,wonder why?thatseemed like spreading it countrywide to me ,
vilna

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Dot » Sat May 09, 2020 9:16 am

Vilna, from what we were told they were taken to certain hospitals that were supposed to be the ones eqipt for this, happened to a friend down south was taken to a hospital in manchester.
Dot

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo marabu

Postby mondo » Sat May 09, 2020 9:34 am

vilna wrote:Yes i feel safer in Spain,
But thats a good point,regrading german genetics masterrace,there will still be many many,pure breed germans,

Are you saying that you think the Germans are a "Master Race"..??
mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby yogi bear » Sat May 09, 2020 9:41 am

Hind sight is a wonderful thing. Unfortunately every country has dealt with Covid differently. Italy and Spain went into very strict lockdown but are still reporting daily deaths. As previously said the UK report all deaths but it isn’t known how every country is reporting their cases. An early investigation into Germanys figures highlighted that the cause of death reported is for known cause of death meaning that the reporting medical professional must be 100% certain that Covid-19 was the cause of death for it to be registered as such, If the patient had an underlying known health condition that was the main cause of death even if Covid-19 was a contributing and exasperating factor then the cause of death is reported on the known medical condition. As professor Whitty and the other medical experts keep saying at the daily briefings, until every country has released their full and final figures for the year and the information has been disseminated into age, sex and cause of death nobody will know the true final number of casualties for the virus. Remember China are reporting 4600 deaths in total from the virus and it only affected 5 regions in the country. As the saying goes ‘The devil is in the detail’ and this will not be known until the middle of next year.
yogi bear

Which part of Spain are you from?: None just yet

Postby consie » Sat May 09, 2020 9:44 am

uk has much less death rate per capita than spain, agreed still far too much loss of life,
consie

Which part of Spain are you from?: la marquesa

Postby mondo » Sat May 09, 2020 9:57 am

consie wrote:uk has much less death rate per capita than spain, agreed still far too much loss of life,

But as Spain is losing an average of 1,400 a week (approx) and the UK is losing an avg of 4,200 a week (approx) the numbers are not looking good for the UK..

mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby wilbhoy67 » Sat May 09, 2020 10:05 am

The UK Govt Only had 2 things to do. 1. Get Protective Equipment. 2. Isolate the sick and the elderly.
If you do that, then Herd immunity can run rampant in a younger , fitter demographic without much impact on deaths. Sweden being the example. However, we're an island, we should have closed the borders too and even acting on advice 1 week sooner would have saved thousands.
The highest death per 100,000 in Europe is Belgium at 73 ( they report every suspected death too) . The rate in UK 46, Scotland is 33 and Republic of Ireland 28. Germany is 8. Sweden is 29 btw.
However,Liverpool is 77, affluent Cheltenham has 50 - both had major sporting events that final week with many overseas visitors . Orkney- another island- is 0 and Newham in East London is.144.
Poverty, location and ethnicity is a killer. ...but only if you allowed it to be.
The ticking time bomb for every nation is the collateral health and mental wellbeing of its people once this is ended.
wilbhoy67

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Luis

Postby HarvHar2018 » Sat May 09, 2020 10:25 am

in my opinion its obvious what the UK Government planned, The UK could have enforced lock down earlier, they had the warnings from Italy & Spain, but chose not to, seeing as this virus predominately kills the elderly how many pensions now do not need to be paid out, also as the Chinese kept this secret the virus was already spread much sooner than we are lead to believe, the UK are still allowing flights back into the country with passengers free to roam untested, even when Italy was at peak of infection, flights from Italy to UK were coming in untested

it really is a shambles
Keep your face always towards the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you
HarvHar2018

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

PreviousNext