Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

UK DEATH RATE,COVID19Very high in uk

Re: UK DEATH RATE,COVID19Very high in uk

Postby ajkechadwick » Sat May 09, 2020 11:00 am

Epidemiologist Professor Johan Giesecke writes in The Lancet…
“… facts have led me to the following conclusions. Everyone will be exposed to severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2, and most people will become infected. COVID-19 is spreading like wildfire in all countries, but we do not see it—it almost always spreads from younger people with no or weak symptoms to other people who will also have mild symptoms. This is the real pandemic, but it goes on beneath the surface, and is probably at its peak now in many European countries. There is very little we can do to prevent this spread: a lockdown might delay severe cases for a while, but once restrictions are eased, cases will reappear. I expect that when we count the number of deaths from COVID-19 in each country in 1 year from now, the figures will be similar, regardless of measures taken.”
ajkechadwick

Postby vilna » Sat May 09, 2020 11:05 am

Yes,but thats only the opinion of one medical expert, wonder what the collective opinion,knowledgee of the WHO is at this present time,?Will they let us know there findings,or will there be a cover up, to stop any more workdwide panic,
vilna

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Billyboy » Sat May 09, 2020 11:29 am

This clip shows Sir Patrick Vallance , UK's Chief Scientific Advisor at the daily press conference a couple of weeks ago ,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKo6h3R0R5A

Covid -19 is being listed on Death Certificates of people that have passed away even though they have not been tested .

I also don't agree with some of the Boris bashing that's going on . Yes , he is ultimately responsible , but he clearly and repeatedly said on TV " we are following the science "

Well , we all know what one Neil Ferguson ( ex government scientific advisor ) has been doing in his spare time .

Ferguson's statistical modelling for the UK , USA , Sweden and South Africa has been well off mark - as were his predictions for foot and mouth .

This man Ferguson has a lot to answer for in my opinion .
Billyboy

Postby Dave c » Sat May 09, 2020 11:41 am

Good post wilbhoy63
Dave c

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Mac3blade » Sat May 09, 2020 12:39 pm

Tragically, many elderly and frail people have died from Covid 19 while being cared for in nursing homes. The major problem is that the carers come and go. Somewhere along the way, some pick up the virus and bring it into the home and it then spreads like wild fire. If carers and nurses were to get tested it would have to be daily and they could still be carrying the virus while waiting 24 hours for the results. I’m not sure if any of the tests show results immediately but if it did then protective clothing would be unnecessary unless a patient showed a positive result.. better to spend the money on testing than PPE.
I am led to believe that many serious cases are obese, have an underlying health issue and come from black or other ethnic cultures.
Let us all hope that scientists and doctors find out more and more information which could lead to dealing with this virus.
Meanwhile, we will remain in isolation or social distancing.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby blingle » Sat May 09, 2020 1:42 pm

NHS data has led some to suggest that coronavirus patients from ethnic minorities are more likely to die than white patients.

That’s based on comparing the proportion of deaths from each ethnic group with the demographics of England as a whole.

But this is not a helpful comparison. It relies on data from the 2011 census – and we know that BME populations have grown since then.

And the two regions with the highest death tolls so far – London and the West Midlands – are also the most ethnically diverse parts of England. So we cannot say yet whether the death statistics are best explained by ethnicity or geography.

These new figures don’t tell us about people who died outside hospital. That’s significant because older people – i.e. those most likely to live and die in care homes – are more likely to be white.

We’ll only have a full picture of the ethnic breakdown of coronavirus deaths once we can reconcile hospital data with ONS figures on deaths in the community.

The NHS stats are also limited by the fact that in 10 per cent of cases, no ethnicity was given (this at the patient’s discretion).

Finally, we should remember that even if someone dies after testing positive for coronavirus, we don’t know whether it was the virus that caused the death.
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Glassfull » Sat May 09, 2020 1:51 pm

Billyboy wrote:I also don't agree with some of the Boris bashing that's going on . Yes , he is ultimately responsible , but he clearly and repeatedly said on TV " we are following the science "

Yes but which scientist do you follow? We all know expert opinion differs. Therefore, is Johnson employing the scientist, whose opinion enables Boris to steer the ship where HE wants it to go?
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Billyboy » Sat May 09, 2020 2:26 pm

That's the million Dollar question Glasfull - who is steering the ship ? Ferguson works for Imperial who have been funded to the tune of 10's of millions of pounds over the years by my mate , also called Bill .
That information comes straight from Imperial college website

Anyway , the good news is "The Tony Blair Institute " is going to sort it all out .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwLKGTy ... e=emb_logo
Billyboy

Postby Paulr » Sat May 09, 2020 3:40 pm

Titch wrote:Does Spain include deaths in the community and care homes I wonder? And other countries may count differently to UK.

Italy has been reporting deaths in settings outside of hospitals, i.e. care homes, private residences and hospices, since 3 April, Spain has been doing so since 8 April and the UK has been doing so since 29 April. Belgium has been including them since they first started reporting, which is why their numbers originally looked skewed.
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby Murt » Sun May 10, 2020 1:11 am

And if anyone is interested in the two islands of UK and New Zealand response just watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQDPQ8bz7cU
Murt

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada MarquesaGolf

PreviousNext