Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

UK DEATH RATE,COVID19Very high in uk

Re: UK DEATH RATE,COVID19Very high in uk

Postby D4RN-L » Sun May 10, 2020 8:50 am

The 2 countries with the least amount of viable comparisons are UK and New Zealand in relation to demographics and people per square mile I’m afraid.
Social media seems to have turned this pandemic into a country vs Country competition which is utter nonsense and no 2 scientists or ‘expert’ seem to 100% agree.
If China had told the truth of their numbers and shown the R rate etc we may have had a better chance of the rest of the world monitoring this and making different earlier decisions.
Good luck to everyone no matter where they are and although it looks like every country has reached or is over the peak, we don’t want a phase 2.
D4RN-L

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Eltel01 » Sun May 10, 2020 9:00 am

Yes indeed Our Govt, who proved they Failed in a test run of a pandemic attack four years ago, have successfully proven again they can fail easily in a real life & death version of a pandemic. Also noted that UK is an Island and can easily close its borders (except for essential supplies) I have no idea why they didn't do that as soon as the news of the Wuhan incidents occurred in January.
Only this weekend someone in govt who seems to have a degree in the 'Obvious' has decided to 'quarantine' passengers flying in to UK. Yes, not stop/ close but quarantine. I am appalled and so terribly sad for all those poor souls . God bless and Stay safe.
Eltel01

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada (will be)

Postby hobnob » Sun May 10, 2020 9:56 am

Hi...I agree ...it seems obvious that Borders should have been closed by exception...People who live in the UK and were returning home could then have been tested and /or self isolated. January 1st to March 23rd...18.1 million people into the UK...a little short of 300 quarantined...Every day I watch the Downing street broadcast with increasing disbelief...Following the science...even the scientists report the the science has been cherry picked rather than consulted and agreed upon...this crisis is not about politics it should be about life and the future. Keep well ...keep safe.
hobnob

Which part of Spain are you from?: benijofar

Postby vilna » Sun May 10, 2020 10:30 am

They will only tell the people what they want them to know,any govermnt only tell what is nessasary,sO that the peoplle in power can prepare themselves before anyone else,its the same in the stock markets and finaciale insitutions,it is so they are one step aheads of the general populations,
vilna

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Dave c » Sun May 10, 2020 2:43 pm

Good post eltel01 just cannot believe they are testing the odd ilegal immigrant arriving by boat yet thousands are arriving by plane straight out in society without being tested.
Dave c

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Previous