Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

UK DEATH RATE,COVID19Very high in uk

UK DEATH RATE,COVID19Very high in uk

Postby vilna » Fri May 08, 2020 6:08 pm

Very high in uk 30,000+,and some countrys very low ,anyone know why, i thought with uk being an island it would have been lower, Germany had a low death rate and its easily asseible to italy that was hardest hit,
vilna

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Re: UK DEATH RATE,COVID19Very high in uk

Postby sunworshipper » Fri May 08, 2020 8:50 pm

It seems to me that the UK are still allowing planes from all over the world to still arrive at the airports. I have seen reports that even now no testing is done upon entry UK ( and I know this to be true because friends flew into Heathrow last week from New Zealand and no testmor advice to self isolate were advised). The was no social distancing , only masks to be worn on the plane. They flew in plane loads of workers from Rumania to pick the crops , probably no testing when they arrived either.
The UK lockdown is not strict enough, you only have to see the amount of people out everywhere to prove that. Most of the shops are still open and people are just not doing as they are “ advised” to do and the police do not have enough authority to enforce it.
The lockdown is clear for us in Spain and we have strict rules we have to adhere to or get a minimum of €601 Fine . Shops closed and stay in
That’s why UK is overtaking the rest of Europe.
Happy in the sun.
sunworshipper

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Manuman55 » Fri May 08, 2020 11:43 pm

It is true that in some of the major areas that people are not following the social distancing, not really fining people here, London, Birmingham, Manchester and Liverpool are the epicentres whereas the more rural areas have low counts of the virus and deaths. Most shops are shut, only essential shops selling food have been open. All restaurants, bars and coffee shops have been shut for 6 weeks. B&Q have recently opened and some McDonalds are now opening for drive in. The peak looks to have been reached and numbers are falling, but who knows if we are round the corner. We are anxiously looking at how things go in Spain now that the lockdown is being reduced and hope that all goes well.
Manuman55

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby El Stevo » Fri May 08, 2020 11:47 pm

UK reporting all deaths of Covid19 including care homes. Not known what other countries parameters are so difficult to compare.
UK were late in starting lockdown? Apparently racing at Cheltenham was more important than nations healthcare.
UK we’re wrong to stop locate and test procedures that they’ve now Re-installed.
Just keep safe folks
El Stevo

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso, Quesada

Postby Ireneinveraray » Sat May 09, 2020 12:05 am

Looks like the numbers of people who have the virus is much the same as Germany, but Germany has about 1/4 of the deaths. Sounds like they know how to treat it better. There is no vaccine so the treatment is the only conclusion I can think of.
Ireneinveraray

Postby A.N.Other » Sat May 09, 2020 1:32 am

Doubtful it's treatment because essentially there isn't any, it's palliative care until the patient recovers or dies.

Clear differences are emerging in mortality rates in certain ethnic groups and since that's all about genetics maybe broadly the Germans have a slightly different genetic make up to others in Europe.

Not meaning to be crass but there must still be traces of the 'master race' there.

All things which I'm sure will be studied to death in the eventual post mortem the pandemic itself is bound to be subject to.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby mondo » Sat May 09, 2020 5:01 am

A.N.Other wrote:Doubtful it's treatment because essentially there isn't any, it's palliative care until the patient recovers or dies.

Clear differences are emerging in mortality rates in certain ethnic groups and since that's all about genetics maybe broadly the Germans have a slightly different genetic make up to others in Europe.

I think treatment would include putting people on ventilators, clearing the lungs etc..

There are more things than genetics involved... More black and ethnic people actually work on the front line in hospitals and care homes, bus drivers etc therefore more risks... more B&E live in poor conditions, live in cities in more poverty...in general

No easy answer but my feeling is genetics would be a small part..if any

mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Spider » Sat May 09, 2020 7:34 am

They must now be testing in care homes now as we had a phone call from my mother in laws nursing home to say every person has been tested, all tested negative. They did have 2 confirmed cases a few weeks ago but closed the unit where it was and moved the patients.
Spider

Postby Freespeech » Sat May 09, 2020 8:07 am

Well that what happens when the UK is out of step with most of the world. Boris knows best, late implementing a sort of lockdown, no real supplies of personal protective equipment, hoping everybody will muddle through and relying on that marvellous Captain Tom for diversion from the crisis. We have suffered here in Spain but the draconian but sensible precautions seem to be paying off.
Freespeech

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby mondo » Sat May 09, 2020 8:19 am

I know the UK has a larger population than Spain..about a quarter larger than Spain..

But deaths in Spain yesterday = 211
.. ................ Deaths in UK= 626

I know where I feel safer..

:)

mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Next