Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Bankia Issues

Bankia Issues

Postby Estepona Phil » Sat May 09, 2020 10:55 am

Morning,
Does anyone have an suggestions on how to get back online with the Bankia app or online banking? I tried to log on last Sunday & an incorrect pin message repeatedly came up & I have since tried to reset the app & the password but no luck. I have twice called the English speaking helpline (my Spanish is limited) and both times I was told you are already registered for online banking and are currently using it! The 2nd time I called the lady eventually acknowledged there was a problem but said I’d need to call into my local branch which will likely be impossible for the foreseeable with the covid situation as I’m UK based. She then suggested ringing or emailing the branch but the number she gave me is dead & I’ve emailed 3 times now without reply. Any suggestions to resolve this would be great thanks.
Estepona Phil

Which part of Spain are you from?: Estepona

Re: Bankia Issues

Postby costalad » Sat May 09, 2020 1:54 pm

To change your password at Bankia you must either go into the bank in person or you can do it via the banks atm.
costalad

Which part of Spain are you from?: Albatera

Postby tinak » Sun May 10, 2020 7:42 am

I also tried logging on yesterday, Saturday, and couldn’t make a connection, this was after they sent me an sms code. The branch in Rojales was open four weeks ago. Will try online again.
tinak

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby Annier999 » Sun May 10, 2020 10:07 am

I’ve always found it helpful to email them. If you have a contact name their address format is [email protected]

Otherwise, try [email protected]

Good luck
Annier999

Postby Estepona Phil » Sun May 10, 2020 11:38 am

Thanks for the replies, will keep emailing, I do have a particular contact but she hasn’t replied to date but it’s impossible to say who is at work & absent with the current situation.
Estepona Phil

Postby marcliff » Sun May 10, 2020 11:44 am

There is a rule that you have to attend the bank to update your account at certain intervals. My wife's access was cut off in January and the account was blocked. We have to go to the branch in person to show passports and residency cards and the guy there unblocked the account and had a phone call to that effect.

Chap at the bank said it affected everyone including him and the Spanish and they weren't targeting expats (I think he'd had a few complaints on that theme)

Not sure if that interval is every 2 years but seems to ring a bell. My account was blocked last year and I had to do the same thing.

My UK bank simply asks me to confirm things on their web site by ticking a couple of boxes. Much easier.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Estepona Phil » Sun May 10, 2020 11:57 am

Yeah I had to do that last summer so presumably this is another issue, I’ve actually just found a reply from the bank in my spam folder from yesterday that has a screen shot with a step by step process for resetting the account. I haven’t had the chance to try it yet, it looks very like something I’ve already tried unsuccessfully but at least I’ve now got a direct contact at the bank if it doesn’t work.
Estepona Phil

Postby Estepona Phil » Sun May 10, 2020 2:59 pm

Thanks to everyone who replied, eventually managed to reregister for online banking on the Bankia website instead of going via their app & have managed to register on my iPhone via facial recognition as well so all sorted.
Estepona Phil

Return to Quesada general discussion