Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

French service stations facilities?

French service stations facilities?

Postby park footer » Sun May 10, 2020 1:38 pm

We have decided to drive back home through France and take the tunnel after having numerous ferry crossings cancelled.

Does anyone know what facilities are available on the autoroute services? We would like to know mostly for a sandwich and drinks.

Also, are the restrictions being eased in France as they are here. I have searched the internet and cannot find any proper information.

We have all the paperwork etc. and have done the journey before.

Would be grateful for any info.
park footer

Re: French service stations facilities?

Postby elizajane » Sun May 10, 2020 3:24 pm

Hi we live in France and our restrictions are being lifted very slowly tomorrow. Check the French government website for up to date info as you will need an attestation form to travel through France with proof of travel tickets and proof of address.
Service station food cafes may sell take out food but not sure so would advise take plenty of food and water with you.
Hope that helps but please check the gouv.fr website.
elizajane

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Rodt » Sun May 10, 2020 4:04 pm

What paperwork do you need? To drive through France to Spain
Rodt

Which part of Spain are you from?: pueblo luceroResale

Postby oadbyman » Sun May 10, 2020 6:04 pm

To understand Paperwork requirement go on The Uk.gov advise for French travel, I assume you have checked Spanish, but again UK.gov have information.

https://www.prix-carburants.gouv.fr is the french site for fuel prices, I assume up to date prices mean they are open, like Spain a lot now are unmanned.

Go safe
oadbyman

Which part of Spain are you from?: North Nottingham

Postby park footer » Sun May 10, 2020 6:16 pm

You have to have your travel bookings ,an ‘attestation’ letter which you need to print off. It’s on the uk gov website. This is at the moment but that could change tomorrow. The french gov are due to announce some easing of restrictions.
park footer

Postby Paul58 » Sun May 10, 2020 8:05 pm

Rodt wrote:What paperwork do you need? To drive through France to Spain

You'll need your Spanish residencia and a completed "Attestation" form for your journey through France.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/attestation-forms-for-travel-to-and-within-france

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby jencco » Mon May 11, 2020 10:09 am

You will find that if you are a resident in Spain, you will not be allowed to travel through France and will be turned back. British residents have a valid reason to travel to their main country of residence.
jencco

Which part of Spain are you from?: Daya Nueva

Postby Azur » Mon May 11, 2020 11:35 am

We have just arrived back in UK (our residence) having left Quesada last week. Had to sit in back seat until we crossed the border but think this has now been relaxed. Make sure you have all the correct paperwork for travel through France. We were only checked a couple of times but best to have copies just in case. No food or toilet facilities through Spain on Autoroute but no problems in France. Stayed at Ibis Hotels in Perpignan and Reims. Both provided bag of hot food in evenings. Used P & O ferry Calais to Dover. Very quiet, just a few lorry drivers. No facilities on ferry, just coffee machine.
Safe journey. Good to be home even if we do have to totally 'self isolate' for two weeks.
Azur

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby marcliff » Mon May 11, 2020 11:45 am

jencco wrote:You will find that if you are a resident in Spain, you will not be allowed to travel through France and will be turned back. British residents have a valid reason to travel to their main country of residence.

Yep, you're right. If you are a resident in Spain you have to stay here. Travel is only allowed to return to your primary residence.
And they've just agreed that people going from (and to) France will not need to isolate for 2 weeks. How that will work if the start of your journey was Spain I don't know. I mean, with just a passport (with no arrival/departure stamp) then how would they know where you were coming from?
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby park footer » Mon May 11, 2020 1:43 pm

Thank you for all replies.
park footer

Next