Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Phase 1 Day 1

Phase 1 Day 1

Postby marcliff » Mon May 11, 2020 10:45 am

No, not another thread about what you can or can't do (or what the officials say on one hand you can and on the other you can't) but what's it like in your area on Day 1 of Phase 1?

Because we could, we had a drive round this morning, mainly just to post a letter and check on the number of the hairdressers so the OH can make an appointment.

Most places still shut. The ones that have been allowed to stay open are, of course, open but lots not bothering.

Lidl supermarket car park packed with queues to get in but still seemed to be only one person per trolley. No queues at Mas y Mas or Lidl and car packs not even half full. Quite a full car park at Consum but couldn't see a queue to get in.

The only "terrace" open along the Consum stretch was Lizarran which had a few tables occupied. The others were all closed up. El Faro appears to be gutting the place and renovating it.

JYSK closed (possible over 400 sq m).

DIY Cadena 88 open with quite a big queue outside and people keeping 2m away from each other.
Quesada Gas was open (diesel at 99.9 cents and petrol 95 at 1.159)

Some people seem to think the time slots no longer apply. Fair few out individually cycling but were obviously not over 70 in that time slot. Couples out walking with their children, again the over 70 time slot and, in any case, it's still one parent only to accompany up to 3 kids unless anyone has seen a change to the time slots?

Most out walking were over 70, I will say. Not a huge amount of cars out and about but obviously a lot more than recently and Gama car park was getting full again.

Didn't go shopping as I'm going to stick to just a weekly shop for the time being. Didn't go for a coffee or cake either and didn't go into the main part of Quesada so it would be interesting if someone's been down that way to update on if anything is open or how busy.

Yet another press conference with the Minister of Health, Franciso Illa, just starting.

Stay safe.
(Oh, and my wife wore gloves and mask to go into the post box, I didn't think they were necessary for me as I didn't get out of the car although I did see a fair few drivers with no passengers wearing them. It's not as if they're going to affect themselves).
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Re: Phase 1 Day 1

Postby Anniep » Mon May 11, 2020 11:00 am

Consum have a notice up saying masks must be worn from the 18th, the chemist by Consum did have masks Saturday, the disposable ones and 2 other types, bought 2 masks with filters, 4€ each,
Anniep

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu

Postby Steve4878 » Mon May 11, 2020 11:03 am

Yes, more confusion and seems the police, public and business interpret rules differently.

Went to the Oasis cafe in Benijofar fie s coffee. My wife and I can travel together and sit in the front of the car together.
Rules say gather up to 10 people but keep 2 metres. Benijofar council apparently tell business only 4 to s table.
Only the 2 of us having coffee and police arrived advising the owner we must sit opposite each other and maintain 2 meters. Therefore their view is not tables 2 meters apart, but also customers even if in same group and same household. Bizarre.....
Steve4878

Which part of Spain are you from?: Bennimar

Postby TonTri » Mon May 11, 2020 11:15 am

Well I've got a hairdresser's appointment at 5pm so beforehand I'm going down to the ferriteria in Dona Pepa and then see if Yorkshire Linen is open and maybe have a coffee in Mulberrys if it's open until my appointment.
So I'll let you know later what it's like down the main street.
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Chris&Maggie » Mon May 11, 2020 11:21 am

This walking thing is going to difficult, you can walk to a bar say after 10am but if you’re under 69 you can’t walk after 10 am if it looks like it’s exercise. Is that right
Chris&Maggie

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby Jonnno » Mon May 11, 2020 11:21 am

Just been to Goyo's in Quesada . Quite a few in - tables nicely spread. Traffic slightly heavier.
Nice atmosphere.
Jonnno

Which part of Spain are you from?: Marquesa

Postby TonTri » Mon May 11, 2020 11:27 am

:text-thankyouyellow: Jonnno. I'll be trying it out tomorrow. Is it just drinks they're serving?
TonTri

Postby marcliff » Mon May 11, 2020 11:29 am

Steve4878 wrote:Yes, more confusion and seems the police, public and business interpret rules differently.

Went to the Oasis cafe in Benijofar fie s coffee. My wife and I can travel together and sit in the front of the car together.
Rules say gather up to 10 people but keep 2 metres. Benijofar council apparently tell business only 4 to s table.
Only the 2 of us having coffee and police arrived advising the owner we must sit opposite each other and maintain 2 meters. Therefore their view is not tables 2 meters apart, but also customers even if in same group and same household. Bizarre.....

Some things do seem a bit silly. For example, in cafes it does say a maximum of 10 per table but they must stay 2m apart so that is correct. Both tables and customers must keep a distance of 2m.

On the other hand, if you travel by bus or train then two people from the same household can sit together.
Scratches head once again.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Jonnno » Mon May 11, 2020 12:12 pm

Didn't see any menus at Goyo's. I think they have to display menus on walls but didn't see any. Maybe not got round to it yet. Things not quite fully organised yet so can't say.

Cake being served with coffee.
Jonnno

Which part of Spain are you from?: Marquesa

Postby TonTri » Mon May 11, 2020 12:15 pm

Thanks Jonnno, that's something at least. And they do lovely cake.
TonTri

Next

Return to Quesada general discussion