Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Ryanair

Ryanair

Postby Francisco » Sun May 17, 2020 7:55 pm

Have just had an email from Ryanair cancelling a flight from spain to Uk.

2 optios were given. Rebook or refund. I chose refund and after completion of paperwork told it would take up to 28 days for refund.

I also had flights on KLM and they would only issue voucher, refundable after 1 year.
Francisco

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quasada

Re: Ryanair

Postby marcliff » Sun May 17, 2020 8:31 pm

Francisco wrote:Have just had an email from Ryanair cancelling a flight from spain to Uk.

2 optios were given. Rebook or refund. I chose refund and after completion of paperwork told it would take up to 28 days for refund.

I also had flights on KLM and they would only issue voucher, refundable after 1 year.

I think it's been posted several times and I've definitely had the same from Ryanair but saying it would take 20 days to process and the refund would be about a week after that.
However, after a few days, another email sent to offer a voucher and that it would be valid for a year. Refunds would be issued if the offer of a voucher wasn't taken up.

If you get the refund from Ryanair after 28 days you'll be doing better than most of us.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Mickey Braw » Sun May 17, 2020 8:47 pm

Francisco wrote:Have just had an email from Ryanair cancelling a flight from spain to Uk.

Don’t hold your breath.
Mickey Braw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Slater39 » Sun May 17, 2020 9:22 pm

28 day is for a refund in normal times. They have said it will take at least 2 months to refund as they have a back log. Just need to be patient.
Slater39

Postby Richard.H » Mon May 18, 2020 5:18 am

Here we go again.
Richard.H

Postby Elliemayc » Mon May 18, 2020 8:08 am

So far we have had 6 flights cancelled, up to and including the 1st June, plus another 4 for family, and almost each one has had different emails sent to us re the cancellation and whether or not we wanted a voucher or refunds. Despite telling Ryanair - by registered post as in the early days we were given the total run around on their website - we did not want vouchers, we have been issued with vouchers! Various emails tell you that they are under immense pressure due to the numbers to be dealt with and that they are dealing with vouchers now as the refund process is much more labour intensive and their staff numbers are down for various reasons. I think we all understand that. The very fact that they are also telling us that if the voucher is not used before its expiry date they will then issue a refund makes me suspicious that no refunds will be received for a year. I hope I am wrong. In the meantime we have advised Ryanair - again by registered post - that we do not accept the vouchers (our flights are already all booked for this year so they are no use to us even if flights do become available for travellers who are accepted into Spain) and that we want a refund. I don't have any confidence at all that this will happen, and I am certainly not sitting getting stressed about it, but at least by going through these motions we should then be able to make a case for having a refund through our credit card company. I think we will all remember how companies have dealt with their customers and make different choices in the future as to who will get our business and it won't be those who have misled us and made the whole process far more problematic than it really needed to be.
Good luck everyone and can any lucky people who may get a refund let us all know through the forum.
Elliemayc

Which part of Spain are you from?: Orihuela Costa

Postby Gasgit » Mon May 18, 2020 4:51 pm

Ha we rebooked Saturday night one free flight + 42€ for the second one got charged 77€ for each leg of the flight for changing flight plan, you can imagine Sunday morning being polite to some poor person at Ryan air getting all the grief, still not heard what’s going on about it
Gasgit

Which part of Spain are you from?: Playa Flamenca

Postby andywyatt » Mon May 18, 2020 5:03 pm

Ryanair Customer Services <[email protected]>
Tue 4/28/2020 9:57 PM
Ryanair
Ryanair Group Customer Care (Ryanair DAC, Lauda & Malta Air)

Dear Customer,

You have recently received an email with a voucher code to the value of your original booking.

Please note that this voucher is valid for 12 Months and can be used for your future travel plans, please note that if you do not use the voucher the voucher before the expiry date you will receive a full cash refund, in the event you use the voucher in part you will also receive the option of a voucher for the balance or a cash refund after the expire date.

Please click on the link below to accept the voucher
andywyatt

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Sillysocks » Sun May 24, 2020 3:54 pm

We have had flights cancelled one Return flight was for April which we rebooked for Feb next year which cost us an additional £28 then lAst weekend we had our June flight cancelled from Birmingham to Alicante in June but our return flight from Alicante back to Birmingham in July was not cancelled ( so they could not take us out but could bring us back!!!) but then received an email yesterday to say our return flight for July had been cancelled so I have rebooked these for flight for next Aug which cost an additional £15 but when I checked the confirmation email they had charged me a £90 cancellation fee so I did an online chat with Ryanair which I did not have to wait to long to be connected and they are going to refund me the £90
I have done many online chat with Ryanair and always found them very helpful plus at the end of the chat you can have a copy of the chat sent to your email address so you have proof of the conversion
Sillysocks

Which part of Spain are you from?: WORCESTER