Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Phase 2

Re: Phase 2

Postby marcliff » Sat May 30, 2020 5:28 pm

A.N.Other wrote:I remain to be convinced that the over 70's time slots are not being misunderstood i.e. that they are NOT the only times they are allowed out just the times when they should be given priority when they want to actively exercise, and exactly what is 'exercise' anyway.
Jogging or cycling etc. fair enough but what about walking to the shops which for some may be their only option and their regular practice and something they can do at any time, is that deemed to be exercise or simply walking to the shops?

Jonnno wrote:I agree with A N Others interpretation on exercise times for over 70's. They are the times reserved for over 70's to exercise, but they can still exercise outside of those times if they wish.

Sorry to harp on this but what bit of "mandatory" times do you fail to understand? From the BOE referred to several times

Es obligatorio respetar los mismos intervalos de tiempo que existan actualmente para estas actividades
or
It is mandatory to respect the same time slots that currently exist for these activities.

However, I agree there is an anomaly, or paradox if you like. That is to go for a walk in the street (which the BOE specifically states is exercise) you have to follow the current schedule but you can walk, at any time, to a bar or restaurant if it is open.

There is nothing in the new BOE that amends these times except that under 70s can now go out at any time except the hours reserved for those over 70. There is nothing that I can see that says these times are "priority" but they are referred to, several times, as "obligatorio" or mandatory. The only time "priority" is mentioned is when shops, bars and restaurants etc are to lay down priority times, which are not exclusive, for the elderly.
You may interpret them any way you like, I will simply post the official links.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Terry the gardener » Sun May 31, 2020 8:33 am

Hi..can you or anyone tell me if you can use communal roof areas of an apartment blocks for meal/ b.b.q of less than 10 people as of monday...thanks
Terry the gardener

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby marcliff » Sun May 31, 2020 10:23 am

Obviously the BOE issued can't cover everything so doesn't mention barbecues.

However, social gatherings of up to 15 people can take place either inside or outside the home. The social distance of 2m must be maintained if not members of the same household and face masks must be worn if this distance cannot be guaranteed.

The BOE simply states "inside the home or on bar terraces".

We have had an email from our administrators that says communal areas must not be used, by which I suppose they mean gardens and swimming pools. We are also not allowed our exercise within the community as this must take place on the public road which is stated in the BOE. I have no idea if they class a roof terrace as communal or not but if it's your own roof terrace then I guess not (just an opinion, by the way).

Use of lifts or stairs must be controlled and only one, or two if one person requires assistance, may use those. Face masks must be worn at all times when accessing lifts or stairs.

This would, I think, be down to how you read it. Social gatherings are allowed both inside and outside. Then you have the rules on sharing sauce bottles, plates, cutlery, napkins and so on to take into consideration. Fine if you're all in the same family but you'd have to see how that would work if you have guests.

If you have a BBQ on your roof terrace, can you ensure the 2m distance is maintained between people not in your household? (Obviously I have no idea how big your roof terrace is) or could it be classed as a communal area under your community rules?

As I said, it would be impossible to legislate for absolutely everything so you'd have to make your own decision on that or contact your community administrators for advice.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Previous

Return to Quesada general discussion