Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Living in ciudad quesada

Living in ciudad quesada

Postby Sickofbritainrain » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:17 pm

Hi, I'm new to the forum, I'm currently living back in the UK after many years in Tenerife, I am looking at returning to Spain but not Tenerife as my new partner doesn't like the island but prefers the mainland, I used to do general handyman services in Tenerife, ie tiling plumbing ect and built up a regular customer base purely on recommendation, could anyone on this forum let me know if there's a call for these services in the area or is there already a large amount of builder's handyman services on every corner, thanks for any help Paul
Sickofbritainrain

Which part of Spain are you from?: Tenerife

Re: Living in ciudad quesada

Postby Johnny » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:19 pm

Plenty of work for everyone but again if you charge uk prices then not worth it
Johnny

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Ronnie112 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:59 pm

There's a lot of handymen here but honestly some of them are handy for nothing,plus want to charge as if they are working in London's west end.
Ronnie112

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Calledali » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:39 pm

Good reliable people in short supply
Calledali

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Postby A.N.Other » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:36 am

I disagree.

There are plenty of good reliable (and LEGAL) people around but most folk only want cheap and we all know what happens when you pay peanuts....

To the OP, if you want to work to supplement an income you'll probably find a few odd jobs here and there but if you need it to actually make a living - and legally - then I think you'll find it very hard.

One other point: You don't say if you have residencia from your time in Tenerife but if not then without a proper job or provable regular incomes you won't get it now so your idea could be dead in the water.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby Sickofbritainrain » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:04 am

Thanks to all for your help with the question
Sickofbritainrain

Postby cheflady » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:17 pm

Good luck!!
cheflady

Postby GillianOSD » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:40 pm

If you join the right groups on Facebook you can advertise set up your own page and get customers to leave a testimonial.

Like anywhere if you are good word spreads and you will be kept busy. I think there is always room for good reliable and trustworthy contractors.

Sadly people who bang on about the legal bit do not realise how expensive Autonomo is each month and it has to be paid whether you earn a little or nothing.

A friend of mine was guided to cash in hand by an accountant (Spanish) as they would never have ended up with any money in their pocket as it would all be taken in Autonomo payments. Sometimes the systems just drain you financially.

All the very best. If you need help on finding a property I can guide you to a great company who will not feed you bull.

Enjoy your new adventure.

G
GillianOSD

Postby Sickofbritainrain » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:40 am

Thanks very much for your feedback, hoping to come over to have a look around quesada when the dopy English government relax this 2 week quarantine on arrival back into the UK, except of course for the migrant's crossing the channel in there droves
Sickofbritainrain

Postby nnejy » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:30 am

"Sickofbritain" I think that comment about migrants was really uncalled for. Please back up your empty arguments with facts. This nonsense about migrants being able to do things that other people can't is just bull**it. Give me some contact details for these so called migrants and I will show you how lame your arguments are.

For those that do find refuge, there is almost always a very good case of persecution. All I can say is you should beware listening to the tabloids and spouting a tabloid mentality.

I am sorry if you feel offended by my post but I can't just sit by and listen to nonsense like this.
nnejy

Next