Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Dog trainer

Dog trainer

Postby Elliemayc » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:34 am

Does anybody have experience of a good dog trainer? A neighbours dog (puppy purchased by them last December) barks at every noise, passerby and car and its become extremely wearing. We have, of course, spoken to them about it with no joy. Alternatively if anyone knows of a way that we can stop it barking that would help.
Elliemayc

Which part of Spain are you from?: Orihuela Costa

Re: Dog trainer

Postby dr.doolittle » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:52 am

there is a harmless device device hand held just press and dog stopped barking i have used one, THEY DO NOT HARM THE DOG, i think we got ours online but i would think Amazon sell them.

just checked they are £14.98 on Amazon .
dr.doolittle

Postby cerveza » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:56 am

We know the price, where to buy but how does it look like and what is it called would be handy as well…Dr Doolittle …???
cerveza

Postby Elliemayc » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:19 am

dr.doolittle wrote:there is a harmless device device hand held just press and dog stopped barking i have used one, THEY DO NOT HARM THE DOG, i think we got ours online but i would think Amazon sell them.

just checked they are £14.98 on Amazon .

Can you let us have the link Dr D please?
Elliemayc

Postby dr.doolittle » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:00 am

its on amazon under anti bark for dogs and its yellow, is that enough.
dr.doolittle

Postby Elliemayc » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:35 am

will check it out - thank you!
Elliemayc

Postby Paulr » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:36 am

My mum-in-law was recommended one of those devices when her Cocker Spanial puppy barked at everything and everyone. She only had to use it once; after that, she only had to pick it up and the puppy stopped barking. It doesn't harm the dog, it emits ultra sound at a frequency that the dog can hear and doesn't like. It was something like this:

https://www.lightinthebox.com/es/p/led- ... gIFbfD_BwE
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby Elliemayc » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:44 am

Thanks Paulr
Elliemayc

Postby Andrew Hardy » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:00 am

If you do buy a device I do hope it doesn't spook the dog! We have dogs and wouldn't be too happy should a "well meaning neighbour" decide to try training it for us with nasty side effects.
Andrew Hardy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby Elliemayc » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:43 am

Hi Andrew
If you check my original post you will see that I asked about a good dog trainer - I intend to pass the details on to my neighbour, and this would also be the case with the bark breaker. It is their responsibility to train their own dog. It is also their responsibility to ensure they do not affect their neighbours which is why we have been so tolerant so far, and after over 5 months of this I feel we have been very tolerant. The constant barking is affecting so many of us close by but, so far, no one else has felt able to say anything thinking it may cause problems. It should be the dog owners worrying about causing us problems! This is a puppy and we appreciate that training does take time but so far no attempt has been made to train it despite our suggesting that this may help solve the problem. The longer his goes on the harder it will be to get rid of ingrain habits and that will affect the quality of life further for all the neighbours here. Does that seem fair? Responsible dog owners do ensure their dog does not develop anti-social behaviours. I would only even begin to consider taking this into my own hands if they do not attempt to do anything and then it would be very reluctantly.
Elliemayc