Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Furniture Purchase/Shipping

Furniture Purchase/Shipping

Postby Suzzanne21 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:57 am

Morning,

We are hopefully exchanging contracts on a property in Quesada this year, once the Covid 19 situation allows. Is it best price wise to purchase furniture in Spain or purchase in the UK and have it shipped over. I have had a price for a full container of around £1000 but wasn't sure if this was necessary. We have walked around many furniture shops whilst over in Spain to try and gage prices and have found some places to be fairly reasonable. We'd be looking at furnishing the whole house really as only comes with little furniture, the majority of which we wouldn't be looking to keep.

Would appreciate any advice.

Many thanks in advance.
Suzzanne21

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Furniture Purchase/Shipping

Postby Shiva » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:04 am

I would say furniture tends to be cheaper in the UK. Having said that,there are many reasonable furniture places here, including some good secondhand ones. Personally would suggest its only worth bringing over pieces of furniture that are special to you,along with whatever other personal effects that are important. Otherwise the cost of shipping in cubic metres may soon outstrip any savings you might make on the furniture itself.
Shiva

Postby marcliff » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:19 am

Some furniture shops seem ridiculously expensive here (although same in UK as well) whilst others are very reasonable. Hnos Garcia in Torrevieja is highly recommended and the prices include shipping and installation if necessary.

There is also Muebles Ballaster in Benijofar and lots of furniture shops on the main road from the AP7 into Almoradi and all at very reasonable prices.

You can look up these places on the internet to see their catalogues and compare prices.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Mac3blade » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:26 am

If you have good quality beds, bring them with you as beds are expensive in any country. King size beds were impossible to get when we bought almost 20 years ago so we had one shipped over... great bed!
Don’t bring old fashioned paintings/ pictures unless they are summery and vibrant looking. Mirrors are always welcomed on any wall in any house, so you could bring them.
Lounge furniture... the living rooms in Spain tend to be narrower than at home. If late, many people are opting for an L shaped suite. If you have one and like it, bring it with you. Big couches could drown your room in Spain.
Most houses have built in wardrobes so no need to bring. If your washing machine, tumble drier are working well, bring them too ( condenser tumble drier) ideal for winter airing. A spare fridge freezer works well in the summer with guests staying. Make certain you have space for all of these items.
If you want to have a lovely, new look home in Spain, perhaps buying new might be best. Ikea sell wonderful bedside cabinets which accommodate all of your underwear comfortably. The quality is much better nowadays. So worth a consideration.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Suzzanne21 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:30 am

Many thanks for the swift replies. We have visited Hnos Garcia in Torrevieja and found this to be very competitive on some pieces. We aren't really wanting to bring any items from home in our current house so it would just be new purchases in the UK as opposed to new purchases in Spain.
Suzzanne21

Postby kevin07 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:45 am

Having carried out removals between UK and Spain for many years i think you will find the quality is better in the UK and having lived in Spain for 17 yrs we have shipped a lot of new furniture out for customers, if we can be of assistance in anyway do not hesitate to contact us we have many happy customers who recomend us please read our recomedations on the forum our advert is on the left hand side thanks Kevin.
Silverdale Transport & Removals
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 01270 872731
Mobile: 07952170306
Mobile: 627 371 937
kevin07

Which part of Spain are you from?: albir

Postby Chrisdee » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:03 am

White goods seem more expensive in Spain but not sure what happens with guarantees although well known brands have offices and technicians here so maybe they would be OK. I prefer furniture in the UK or did, i found it better quality.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby djw » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:20 pm

We found la vila on the road from almoradi to dolores really reasonably priced. Thier delivery was good too and the lady in there speaks english. They sell everything you need.
djw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Daya nueva

Postby Elliemayc » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:30 am

Bedroom furniture is always pricier here as is garden furniture. When we moved we got a great discount on some lovely garden furniture (always pricey here) from B&Q which lasted about 15 years. It had a 20% discount in the sale then got Mum - a pensioner - to order and pay for it on the pensioner discount day - do they still do that?!

Depends on what style you are looking for too.
Elliemayc

Which part of Spain are you from?: Orihuela Costa

Postby Suzzanne21 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:53 am

Thanks Elliemayc. Yes B&Q still do the Pensioner Wednesdays or did pre-lockdown so worth a look. You had it shipped over then I presume? Thanks
Suzzanne21

Next