Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Brittany Ferries

Re: Brittany Ferries

Postby Esso123 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:35 pm

Had my ferry cancellation yesterday - trip was for 5th July from Santander - Portsmouth. Reason stated was ferry has been re-designated as a freight only service..... 4th cancellation so far. Seems unlikely (to me) that is should "suddenly" be re-classified once they had taken full payment..... but then decide to offer a refund voucher.
When you try to claim a cash refund the "contact us" page on the website mysteriously does not work....Hmmmm
Esso123

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Paul58 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:20 pm

Esso123 wrote:Had my ferry cancellation yesterday - trip was for 5th July from Santander - Portsmouth. Reason stated was ferry has been re-designated as a freight only service..... 4th cancellation so far. Seems unlikely (to me) that is should "suddenly" be re-classified once they had taken full payment..... but then decide to offer a refund voucher.
When you try to claim a cash refund the "contact us" page on the website mysteriously does not work....Hmmmm

That's weird, they're still taking bookings for the 4th July (Santander to Portsmouth), plenty of cabins available.

What ship was your original booking with? I'm just wondering whether it's the smaller, economic boats that are being cancelled.
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Paul58 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:28 pm

jpeg wrote:not according to this Paul
In all, five ships will carry passengers when services resume from next Monday, 29 June. A further three ships covering four routes will re-open to passengers in July. The following table confirms ships, routes and re-opening dates for passenger services:

Ship Route Date Departure port & Time
Mont St Michel Portsmouth - Caen 29 June Caen 08:30
Cap Finistère Portsmouth - Bilbao 29 June Portsmouth 00:30
Armorique Plymouth - Roscoff 29 June Roscoff 15:00
Pont-Aven Portsmouth - Santander 30 June Portsmouth 17:45
Plymouth - Roscoff 2 July Plymouth 20:45
Cork - Roscoff 3 July Roscoff 20:30
Plymouth - Santander 5 July Plymouth 16:45
Kerry Rosslare - Roscoff 29 June Rosslare 23:30
Rosslare - Bilbao 1 July Rosslare 11:00
Three more ships will resume passenger services in July:

Ship Route Date Departure port & Time
Normandie Portsmouth - Caen 12 July Caen 23:00
Bretagne Portsmouth - St Malo 17 July St Malo 10:30
Connemara* Portsmouth - Cherbourg (Thurs - Sun) 10 July Portsmouth 09:00
Portsmouth - Le Havre (Mon - Weds) 12 July Portsmouth 23:45
*Originally scheduled for UK-Spain services this summer.

With regret and following careful consideration, I can confirm the decision not to operate the following three ships this summer. This is due to a combination of unpredictable demand on these services and shortage of available cabins, based on ship configuration.

Ship Route affected
Etretat Portsmouth - Le Havre**
Barfleur Poole - Cherbourg
Normandie Express Portsmouth - Cherbourg**
**Please see first table above and note: Connemara will serve Portsmouth – Le Havre and Portsmouth – Cherbourg routes this summer.

Please accept my apologies in advance if these changes affect your summer plans. We will of course be in touch if your sailing is affected, to find a suitable alternative.But remember, if you do not hear otherwise, your sailing with Brittany Ferries this summer is taking place.

These all appear to be outbound UK sailings. The cancellations were for UK return sailings (Santander to Portsmouth) However, these are still available to book on Brittany's website. I find it strange that they are off loading passengers while still taking new bookings.
Paul58

Postby Esso123 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:53 pm

think my ferry was the Conamera - now re-assigned to the French / UK route.
Seems strange that bookings still being taken for dates around my planned date, and also seems strange that people reporting repatriation ferries - I have asked Brittany who claimed this is not available.
I am sure it will all be sorted one way or another - probably end up driving via Spain and France :D
Esso123

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Paul58 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:00 pm

Esso123 wrote:think my ferry was the Conamera - now re-assigned to the French / UK route.
Seems strange that bookings still being taken for dates around my planned date, and also seems strange that people reporting repatriation ferries - I have asked Brittany who claimed this is not available.
I am sure it will all be sorted one way or another - probably end up driving via Spain and France :D

Ah that explains it, bad luck.

As I said there are still places available the day before your original departure. Good luck whichever way you decide to go.
Paul58

Previous