Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Quesada - social distancing, or lack of it.

Re: Quesada - social distancing, or lack of it.

Postby brandyboy » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:15 am

:text-goodpost:
Comply with the instructions. It’s abusive not to!!!
brandyboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby daz » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:48 am

I was at a market last week, everyone had masks on, but while walking round, on two separate occasions and two different people, both sneezed, and pulled their mask down while they sneezed, and then put the mask back on. Amazing. I appreciate it can’t be pleasant to sneeze into a mask and walk round with a snotty mask on for the duration of that walk, so the natural reaction is to move it out of the way. Obviously it snot the right thing to do.
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby elchedave » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:35 am

D4RN-L wrote:Yet another Thread that turns into abuse.
I remember when this site was informative and useful for living in Quesada.

I wasn't being abusive, just being blunt about my (& others it seems) thoughts, i have however edited my reply & removed the word, apologies to anyone offended.
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Mac3blade » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:05 am

We are at home in NI and as I write this, I am expecting my weekend food order to be delivered. Two men carry all the bags and set them on the porch, take a photograph, ring the bell to let us know that our delivery is here. Masks worn!
As you know, we don’t have to wear a mask but are expected to keep our distance when out. We generally go for a walk locally and everyone, coming towards us will step to the side, walk onto the road or choose another direction but nobody walks too close to the other. It’s a comfort to know that we are all doing our best to keep safe.
The caravan sites opened yesterday and we will be heading to the coast shortly.
We spent 2 full days getting it ready earlier this week and all the golfers that were going to play on the small course walked past and stopped for a chat. It was lovely to hear all the local news and to be able in talk with people we hadn’t seen since last summer.
I would really enjoy a good walk around the shops but can’t get the courage up to do so. We have been self isolating since Friday 13/3/20 and it frightens me somewhat thinking about mixing with the world again.
Our daughter, husband and children are arriving on 17th July and plan to stay in the caravan as the kids love it! My son and his other half half booked an apartment nearby and my daughter and son in law along with us are staying in a beautiful Air b&b overlooking the sea so, looking forward to this new experience. The bars and restaurants will have reopened by then so we will have to be brave and face that life has finally moved on and we must move with it.
Please don’t worry about masks not being worn. This is the summer and ‘flu lies dormant at this time. Keep walking your hands, avoid crowds and you should be fine. Enjoy your new found freedom.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby elchedave » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:12 am

That may be ok in NI but this is Spain & it is the LAW to wear a mask anywhere where 1.5 metre social distancing cannot be guaranteed & that is indoors or outdoors. To encourage or advise anyone otherwise is foolish, after all you wouldn't encourage someone to drink & drive or steal from a shop etc would you????
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby HarvHar2018 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:21 am

at the end of the day, you just need to look after yourself as others wont do it for you
Keep your face always towards the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you
HarvHar2018

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby artiste » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:43 am

I think we all have to simply take responsibility for ourselves now. We have seen how many numpties there are out there in Spain as well as the UK - and probably most EU countries. You can't fix stupid - so put yourself first. Only go to shops and restaurants where they follow the rules. It's going be like this for a long time, so I feel it's sensible to identify as far as possible times and places where you feel safe, at least until after the 'visitors' have gone. I refuse to collect anyone from the airport, for example. There is certain to be a second wave - and we can only hope it isn't as severe as the first. I can't believe either Spain or Britain will have a total lockdown again - because now we've seen what happens when you let animals out of cages. So - self preservation is the best we can do!
artiste

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby anthomo16 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:11 am

I agree with the person who said that we should all look after ourselves - right on, I will continue to wear a mask at all times when out as it is easier than taking off and on again. You will always get those who presume themselves to be above the law so it's better to protect yourself from them.
anthomo16

Which part of Spain are you from?: ciudad quesada

Postby earlybay » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:19 am

I agree totally with Espanbums and Elchedave :text-goodpost:
earlybay

Which part of Spain are you from?: Alicante

Postby Paulr » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:41 pm

Mac3blade wrote: Please don’t worry about masks not being worn. This is the summer and ‘flu lies dormant at this time. Keep walking your hands, avoid crowds and you should be fine. Enjoy your new found freedom.

Covid-19 is NOT 'flu! People perpetuating this myth are part of the problem.
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

PreviousNext