Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Quesada - social distancing, or lack of it.

Re: Quesada - social distancing, or lack of it.

Postby artiste » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:28 pm

Covid forms micro clots in the lungs and other organs (I have a friend still recovering after three months) This means the lungs can't take in oxygen efficiently, hence the breathlessness. The clots can move which is why a lot of covid patients get strokes and heart attacks - and they don't know yet what the long term effects will be on the brain and other organs. It's nothing like flu'. We have NO immunity to it. If you come in contact you WILL get it, however mildly - and pass it on to others who may die. People take it too lightly - it's a plague of unknown proportions and with as yet unknown side effects. Please read this - it's scary but sums it up. https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01403-8
artiste

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Lizzy » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:43 pm

No that post isnt abusive at all! Totally agree! Masks are useless anyway! They do not keep germs out at all as they arent sealed to the face and in fact give the wearer a bad case of breathing in stale carbon dioxide! They are only any use if someone sneezes directly at you and then not guaranteed germs will get in! There's too much fear around! The worse form of fear is fear itself! Think positive and just dont go to crowded places!
Lizzy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby Jillandsteve » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:34 pm

Lizzy wrote:No that post isnt abusive at all! Totally agree! Masks are useless anyway! They do not keep germs out at all as they arent sealed to the face and in fact give the wearer a bad case of breathing in stale carbon dioxide! They are only any use if someone sneezes directly at you and then not guaranteed germs will get in! There's too much fear around! The worse form of fear is fear itself! Think positive and just dont go to crowded places!

Great post, eminently sensible
Jillandsteve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby marcliff » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:41 pm

Lizzy wrote:No that post isnt abusive at all! Totally agree! Masks are useless anyway! They do not keep germs out at all as they arent sealed to the face and in fact give the wearer a bad case of breathing in stale carbon dioxide! They are only any use if someone sneezes directly at you and then not guaranteed germs will get in! There's too much fear around! The worse form of fear is fear itself! Think positive and just dont go to crowded places!

So all the advice given in Spain is just a hoax? Dr Simon, a noted virologist and epidemiologist who has worked in Africa on the Ebola outbreaks and was Director of Virology at the London School of Tropical Medicine is simply scamming us?

Research |(published in the Lancet) has suggested that face masks are an effective method for containing the spread of the virus, used along with staying six feet apart from other people.

The US Centre for Disease Control is simply winding us up and publishing uninformed nonsense?

CDC continues to study the spread and effects of the novel coronavirus across the United States. We now know fromrecent studiesthat a significant portion of individuals with coronavirus lack symptoms (“asymptomatic”) and that even those who eventually develop symptoms (“pre-symptomatic”) can transmit the virus to others before showing symptoms. This means that the virus can spread between people interacting in close proximity—for example, speaking, coughing, or sneezing—even if those people are not exhibiting symptoms. In light of this new evidence, CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies)especiallyin areas of significant community-based transmission.

And the World Health Organisation latest advice on wearing of face masks in public places is simply a massive joke perpetrated on a gullible public?

Look them up. All studies now show they are effective in slowing the spread providing other measures, like hand washing, are maintained.
But it's OK, folks, someone on a social media site says they are useless anyway so we can all ignore what we are being told.

The same with the build up and breathing of carbon dioxide which a doctor did a test on, reported in the press just recently, and found there was no lack of oxygen or build up of CO2 when wearing face masks. You can read that at this link Oxygen Levels

But, of course, she's just making it up to fool us all.

Nope, I will continue to wear my mask in places I can't keep a distance. If not just to protect others from something I may have then to avoid the 100 euro fine being dished out which is, of course, just to finance the Guardia Civil Christmas party..

I will not, however, get paranoid about it. I will carry one and only put one on if I'm in a crowded area or enter a shop. I won't wear one when I'm driving by myself or with my wife as I'm certainly not going to give it to myself and I sit next to my wife on the settee all day without one on.

There have been 40 new outbreaks (an outbreak is when 3 or more people are affected from the same source) over the last few days in Spain. One of them in Murcia so quite close. Let's not give this (no, it's not flu) virus a chance to take hold again.

marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Steve Walsh » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:07 pm

Both in the UK or Spain people will in the main abide by the rules unfortunately not all, toleration and sensibility from all will get us through this. Enjoy your summer all
Steve Walsh

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby lindylou23 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:44 pm

We have chosen to live in Spain and they have done their best to keep us safe. Whether you agree with the wearing of a mask, or not, we have been told it is advisable to do so, for ourselves and others, so why the hell are people so intent on ignoring the advice.

We live here, they have told us to wear them so just do as you are told. Respect the country and laws of where you have chosen to live or visit....simples.

My friend witnessed last Thursday at Habanaras the Police handing out a 100€ fine to a Spanish girl who had her mask dropped down under her chin whilst she was talking on the phone, she hadn't gone to a "safe" area and people had to walk too close (presumably) to her to get by. So face the consequences by disrespecting what you have been told. You must have plenty of spare cash!!

I for one, for the sake of my health and my purse will wear mine as instructed, like it or not. whether it works, doesn't work or is uncomfortable to wear, (which it is), out of respect for Spain and others it's going on.
lindylou23

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby El Tel » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:57 pm

marcliff wrote:

So all the advice given in Spain is just a hoax? Dr Simon, a noted virologist and epidemiologist who has worked in Africa on the Ebola outbreaks and was Director of Virology at the London School of Tropical Medicine is simply scamming us?

Research |(published in the Lancet) has suggested that face masks are an effective method for containing the spread of the virus, used along with staying six feet apart from other people.

The US Centre for Disease Control is simply winding us up and publishing uninformed nonsense?

CDC continues to study the spread and effects of the novel coronavirus across the United States. We now know fromrecent studiesthat a significant portion of individuals with coronavirus lack symptoms (“asymptomatic”) and that even those who eventually develop symptoms (“pre-symptomatic”) can transmit the virus to others before showing symptoms. This means that the virus can spread between people interacting in close proximity—for example, speaking, coughing, or sneezing—even if those people are not exhibiting symptoms. In light of this new evidence, CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies)especiallyin areas of significant community-based transmission.

And the World Health Organisation latest advice on wearing of face masks in public places is simply a massive joke perpetrated on a gullible public?

Look them up. All studies now show they are effective in slowing the spread providing other measures, like hand washing, are maintained.
But it's OK, folks, someone on a social media site says they are useless anyway so we can all ignore what we are being told.

The same with the build up and breathing of carbon dioxide which a doctor did a test on, reported in the press just recently, and found there was no lack of oxygen or build up of CO2 when wearing face masks. You can read that at this link Oxygen Levels

But, of course, she's just making it up to fool us all.

Nope, I will continue to wear my mask in places I can't keep a distance. If not just to protect others from something I may have then to avoid the 100 euro fine being dished out which is, of course, just to finance the Guardia Civil Christmas party..

I will not, however, get paranoid about it. I will carry one and only put one on if I'm in a crowded area or enter a shop. I won't wear one when I'm driving by myself or with my wife as I'm certainly not going to give it to myself and I sit next to my wife on the settee all day without one on.

There have been 40 new outbreaks (an outbreak is when 3 or more people are affected from the same source) over the last few days in Spain. One of them in Murcia so quite close. Let's not give this (no, it's not flu) virus a chance to take hold again.

El Tel

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Previous