Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Quesada - social distancing, or lack of it.

Quesada - social distancing, or lack of it.

Postby Espanabums » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:27 pm

OK folks, rant coming apologies but this not just about tourists.

My husband dropped me off near the arches this morning. I got out of the car mask attached to wrist ready to wear if necessary.

I walked along C/Los Arcos heading for 2 shops on the left. It's a narrow pavement, two women walking side by side approached from the other direction, neither were wearing masks, neither had masks in view (in hand/on wrist/attached to bag). They made no attempt to find a mask or get away from me so my options were to attach my mask or walk in the road to keep the appropriate distance, I chose the road. A few metres further along a man appeared on the pavement - no mask in sight even though he had obviously just exited a shop. Again I was in the road avoiding him as I didn't have time to put my mask on. There is no way you can social distance even the required 1.5m on that pavement.

I approached the first shop I intended to visit, walked up a few steps and a man obviously connected with the shop was at the top of the steps, no mask. I chuntered to him about the lack of social distancing in the street and he said to me amiably "It's only if you can't keep 2 metres away" , this was said from a distance of a maximum of 1 metre away from me.

From then onwards I managed to keep away from people until after walking through the ginnel from the car park at the back of the farmacia to C/Dr. Quiles Mora. I waited there for 10-15 mins (for my husband to collect me) and during that time the majority of the people who came out of or entered that ginnel were not wearing masks or had them in view and if I hadn't got out of their way they wouldn't have bothered to get out of mine

Why are people so oblivious of the risks and so inconsiderate of others?

Mrs Espanabums
Steve & Jill, Torrevieja
Espanabums

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja Centro

Re: Quesada - social distancing, or lack of it.

Postby JCoop » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:32 pm

Totally agree with you, it's becoming a nightmare to go out, people are getting far too relaxed or ignorant not sure which? People are just as bad when visiting restraunts & bars. Second wave on the way I'm affraid.
JCoop

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby michelle3934841 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:38 pm

Hi Mrs Espanabums we’re having the same problem in England, I find it very ignorant and selfish they obviously do not care and take that approach with everyone else , yes I think there will be a second wave due to the ignorance,, I hope in wrong !!!
michelle3934841

Postby cerveza » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:56 pm

Get ready for the second wave in September, just saw 3 Lidl workers with there mask around their neck…
Went to 1 of them to ask something with my mask on but she just continued without…
But try to get in the Lidl without!!!, no way …

I stopped to make myself nervous about others and just keep it safe for myself, I think that’s the only way to stay healthy
F… the others!!!

It takes too long and that’s the big problem, people are so fed up with alllllllllll those rules and rules and fines …
cerveza

Postby PGA » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:45 pm

But every single person in Spain is conforming to the rules? I’ve read it here?
PGA

Postby Espanabums » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:54 pm

What was annoying was that I would guess that most of the people I encountered today were permanent residents. What's going to happen when the tourists arrive. I read somewhere about a man being interviewed in Benidorm saying that he'd come to Spain because the bars are open here and not in the UK.

We've just come back from lunch on the seafront in Los Alcazares. There was one person on the beach, a bit different to Bournemouth.
Steve & Jill, Torrevieja
Espanabums

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja Centro

Postby Jillandsteve » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:03 pm

Social distancing is no longer 2m it’s now 1.5m which is easy to comply with so you don’t need to wear one waking down the street, and let’s face it, unless an infected person sneezes on you your not in any danger
You don’t need to have a mask fashionably fixed to you wristband either as long as you have one handy, I keep mine in my back pocket
I think there’s just too much paranoia presently about masks
Wear them in a shop etc but that’s it
The number of cases in the area has been extremely low from day one and is better now than ever
When the place is flooded with brits then maybe mask wearing will be more important
However, the UK chief medical officer has said your chances of getting infected out in the open is very low
Even with us all being out and about for a few weeks there has been no spike, no rise in infections in the area
Let’s not get carried away
Jillandsteve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby elchedave » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:17 pm

Jillandsteve wrote:Social distancing is no longer 2m it’s now 1.5m which is easy to comply with so you don’t need to wear one waking down the street, and let’s face it, unless an infected person sneezes on you your not in any danger
You don’t need to have a mask fashionably fixed to you wristband either as long as you have one handy, I keep mine in my back pocket
I think there’s just too much paranoia presently about masks
Wear them in a shop etc but that’s it
The number of cases in the area has been extremely low from day one and is better now than ever
When the place is flooded with brits then maybe mask wearing will be more important
However, the UK chief medical officer has said your chances of getting infected out in the open is very low
Even with us all being out and about for a few weeks there has been no spike, no rise in infections in the area Let’s not get carried away

Absolute rubbish, have you not read the Spanish BOE stating masks are MANDATORY indoors or outdoors where 1.5 metres social distancing cannot be guaranteed & i doubt there is a footpath in Quesada where you can guarantee that distance. It would appear you are some of the many that are clearly above the law & immune to infection & by the way, this is Spain not the UK & a large number of citizens both here & in the UK believe there handling of this has been atrocious. Also, your wearing of a mask is not to protect you it is to protect others from being infected if you breathe or sneeze near them!!!!!
Last edited by elchedave on Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby D4RN-L » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:12 pm

Yet another Thread that turns into abuse.
I remember when this site was informative and useful for living in Quesada.
D4RN-L

Postby partygoer » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:46 am

The post is not abusive.
Simply stating the facts ..that's all.
Get your masks on.. as it states in the BOE
partygoer

Next