Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Fresh TV Warning

Fresh TV Warning

Postby Harry Epsom » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:24 am

AS A WARNING TO OTHERS, this is the final email I was reluctantly forced to send to Fresh TV today. I am under no illusion that a refund is likely to be forthcoming, so I would appreciate any advice about what course of action could be taken regarding consumer complaints and forcing them to refund money owing to me. In everybody’s interest they shouldn’t be allowed to continue to get away with such malpractice.

‘I still have no service after 5 days

With clear evidence by your lack of response to my many emails that you are not able, or intentionally not going to restore my service, I have no choice but to find and contract a new provider today.

I paid you €289,00 last September for 12 months service, so I look forward to receiving €49,00 for the two outstanding months.

Regards.
Harry Epsom’

Harry Epsom

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Re: Fresh TV Warning

Postby A.N.Other » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:11 am

While an email like that might assuage your anger I think unless you're prepared to go and camp on their doorstep in Villamartin Plaz and make a nuisance of yourself your chances of it elliciting any sort of refund are close to nil.

Since they are operating a business a more productive route might be to go and demand their complaints book, they must have one and if not you can denounce them to the police, if you organised a group to line up to do the same that would get their attention.

A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby Harry Epsom » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:01 pm

Thanks for that. I am happy just to pass the warning on to others. The problem is that if I report them to the authorities they might close them down, which would mean their entire customer base would lose out. From what other references I have read about the company, they are seemingly just unsavoury characters, best avoided, and definitely not to be trusted once they’ve got your money.
Harry Epsom

Postby lindylou23 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:36 pm

Been with Fresh TV 5 years now and apart from the issues one day last week, we have never had a problem.

The time we thought we had an issue, about a year ago, we were in contact with somebody from Fresh TV (by email) until nearly midnight, trying various things to rectify it. They did tell us at the beginning it was an internet problem, but I questioned it and asked them to run tests anyway, which they did.....guess what it was an Internet problem.

So very surprised to hear the negativity about them, especially as I believe they have been operating in Spain for about 14 years I must have been lucky with the people I have made contact with when I have needed to speak with them.

Hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction soon.
lindylou23

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Harry Epsom » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:34 pm

I have finally struck gold in the form of a telephone call, and am now back in action. The caller from Fresh TV told me that they had only received the email I sent today, and none of the many others I had sent to them since last Thursday. (They are on yahoo?). He also said that the ‘Your STB is blocked” message was nothing to do with them, it was because I hadn’t updated software sent from my internet service provider on the set-top box. As he talked me through the update procedure I could see that there were two updates, one dated February and the other March 19th, so how losing my IPTV service failed on 2nd July, rather than March 19th, I am at a loss to understand. Anyway, despite making it clear that I did not believe either the email or ‘not us’ excuses, I finally have TV programmes again.
Lindylou. I agree, I don’t think you would find a better range of viewing options in another IPTV service than theirs, but It’s not much good if the service fails and you can’t get support for days. You obviously struck lucky.
Harry Epsom

Postby A.N.Other » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:10 pm

Glad your back on of course but you're right to be sceptical about the excuses.

If your using a MAG box, or god forbid the appalling POS GI box that the Zoco lot dished out, updates on those are nothing whatsoever to do with your Internet provider.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby Heid the ba » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:19 pm

Best if you just "haud yer wheest" rather rattling your gums nd bitching about bad service etc. I like most people had an issue with Fresh TV last week and they explained, by email they were performing an update and all sorted in a day or two
Heid the ba

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Harry Epsom » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:36 pm

A.N.Other. thanks for the insight, just what I thought. He said he ‘swore on his children’s life’ and ‘would he swear on his children’s life if he was lying?’ I said ‘yes’. You could say I was sceptical.

Heid the ba. Not a helpful response. Clearly from what I have written we had two totally different problems, and apparently two totally different experiences with customer support.
I had ample reason to not “haud yer wheest“, (autocorrect kept changing that), whereas you didn’t.
Harry Epsom

Postby ray-pc » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:48 pm

ray
ray-pc

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Bartolome