Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Driving to ciudad quesada

Driving to ciudad quesada

Postby Dave+Val » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:54 pm

Hi folks, we have finally completed the purchace of our bungalow and will be driving down at the end of August via euro tunnel with our pet daschund. We would be most grateful for any advice regarding the best route and also pet friendly overnight accommodation. Anything else you think we may need to know re-the journey would be gratefully received.
King regards, can't wait to join you all, Dave and Val.
Dave+Val

Which part of Spain are you from?: Looking to move to Q

Re: Driving to ciudad quesada

Postby marcliff » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:04 pm

Something that has been asked many times. Have a look below and you'll see Similar Topics. If you read through those and your questions aren't answered I'd be surprised.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby nannyabroad » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:23 pm

We found most of the Ibis and Campaniles are animal friendly, and welcome.
nannyabroad

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales Hills

Postby nigelandkath » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:07 pm

Booking dot com has options for pet friendly and you can search by map following your chosen route. It's very easy and just show available properties for your dates. The ViaMichelin site will give you route alternatives, but I do suggest avoiding Paris. We did it with 4 night stops just to make it easier and we had two cavaliers with us, It was good fun plotting our route and selecting the 4 stops ViaMichellin will show you routes based on toll optios and how much you have to pay, which can be from nothing to around 200 euros. Of course the more tolls you use the faster your trip will be. Safe journey
nigelandkath

Which part of Spain are you from?: torre la mata

Postby Toodiq » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:00 am

We drove this week via channel tunnel, using Rouen-Tours-Bordeaux-Hondarribia (Hondarribia slightly off route but I wanted to see it) Pamplona- Zaragoza-Valencia. We had overnight stops in Tours and Hondarribia. Easy journey, about 6 hours driving each day and 8 hours on last day. We didn’t have our dog with us this time and it would have taken a bit longer if we had as we’d have stopped more frequently for her. Booking.com has ‘pets allowed’ option you can tick to find suitable accommodation. Have a good trip!
Toodiq

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Archie Fox T » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:48 am

I agree with Toodig as we have done this route several times with our 3 dogs, we did try once the Calais, Paris Toulouse and Girona route but very expensive tolls etc.
Plenty hotels on route that are pet friendly and we have found the ibis hotels are fine and reasonably priced I look forward to travelling the route again in August
Archie Fox T

Which part of Spain are you from?: Los Montisinos

Postby ukdobby » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:00 pm

Have done it many times do Rouen,Tours,Potiers,Bordeaux,Pamplona,Zaragoza and Valencia,never pay tolls being a Yorkshire man and doing again Sept.Booking .com have a good service for digs.
ukdobby

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Calledali » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:16 pm

The route depends on the type of driving you want, motorway, non motorway or a mixture, and stops will depend on the time of your landing in France. If you arrive in France early afternoon and want to minimise tolls, I can suggest the following route which I have driven a number of times. If you use ASFA for route planning, I find the times are generous enough to allow for a comfort break every 2hours, but please remember that speed limits in France have been reduced on non motorway routes.
I would suggest avoiding Paris at rush hour and use the following. Rouen, Evreux, Chartres, Vendome, a good budget hotel here, Balladins which has a restaurant next door, then on to Tours, Poitiers, Angouleme, good Campenile here, then to Bordeaux, Oloron Sainte Marie, and over the Pyrenees, stunning scenery, and I usually stay at Candanchu, either hotel Candanchu or Eidelweiss, both very good and inexpensive. If you prefer you could use the Somport Tunnel, toll free, to Jaca and I would reccomend Hotel Oreol. Then on to Quesada via Huesca, Zaragoza, Teruel, Valencia, La Font de la Figuera, Elche and on to Quesada. From the Pyrenees to Quesada is approx 7 hours completely toll free. Tolls in France are about 45 Euro. A lovely route, but please remember speed cameras are numerous and very unforgiving as they are of many different types, often hidden, and it is illegal to use camera warning on you sat nav.
Good luck whichever route you choose, I am green with envy as we have opted to stay in the UK because of the virus situation.
Calledali

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Postby daz » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:11 am

Been doing this for several times a year for several years now, no idea what your circumstances are, so no idea what you want to know. Use a sat nav or even the google map on your phone will give U toll free fastest routes just as accurately. If you have the option to, plug your phone into your car so the google map appears on your infotainment centre. Suggest no toll roads, they can add up as high as 180eu one way!, and you travel further than non tolls, and all for a saving of just 4 hours off your journey, just not cost effective. Pack up plenty of butties, flasks for coffee, cans of pop if your into that too, loads of ice packs keeps all the food usable for the whole journey. We don’t do B&B’s, they take up too much time when all we want to do is get there. So we kip for a few hours in the car. I’ve no idea what you want to know, maybe that info helps a bit.
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby partygoer » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:34 pm

Has anyone recently travelled through areas in Spain that have been put back into phase 2.
We're due to travel and our route out of Spain is via Zaragoza and Huesca which have today been out back into phase 2.
Will this affect motorway driving etc
partygoer

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Next