Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Moving to Quesada

Re: Moving to Quesada

Postby Lynne1 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:45 am

Sorry - previous post should have read ‘For the love of cats and dogs’ they are a charity based near Benidorm. They were wonderful.
Lynne1

Which part of Spain are you from?: In England,

Postby kevin07 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:12 pm

Hi.
Do you want the hastle of driving all the way down from Bilbao example risk of being stopped by the Gaurdia for being overweight and getting a heavy fine, we have many happy customers who come back time after time to us send us a list were from and to we will price it up for you thanks Kevin.
Silverdale Transport & Removals
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 01270 872731
Mobile: 07952170306
Mobile: 627 371 937
kevin07

Which part of Spain are you from?: albir

Postby cheflady » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:06 pm

I'll second For The Love Of Cats And Dogs, brilliant! Asbo our Staffy was totally relaxed and stress free,they even kept him in their home overnight to save us staying up because it was going to be about 3am before they could get to Quesada. It only cost us €180.00 Picking up in Derbyshire and dropping him off in Quesada! Good luck with your move Jules
cheflady

Postby Mart 63 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:42 pm

Thanks for the replies, very helpful
Mart 63

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Rickys » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:30 pm

Not the easiest option but with pets and furniture definitely the most cost effective we moved here full time 3 yrs ago, I hired a low roof Luton van and myself and my friend loaded the van and drove it over complete with dog, he then took the van back to the UK, I hired the van for 7 days from Hertz and openly told them from the start what we were doing, the cost of hire including full cover was £680. We then drove the van via the ferry (1 person 1 way and 1 person return) £240 we drove from Santander to our destination San Fulgencio 9hrs and €100 in fuel, he then stayed a few days helped unload the van and set up home, i then gave him fuel money, hotel money and money for food etc which he very reluctantly accepted and returned the van back to the UK. All in it cost us £1400 job done and one hell of a great road trip.
Rickys

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby Mart 63 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:49 am

Rickys wrote:Not the easiest option but with pets and furniture definitely the most cost effective we moved here full time 3 yrs ago, I hired a low roof Luton van and myself and my friend loaded the van and drove it over complete with dog, he then took the van back to the UK, I hired the van for 7 days from Hertz and openly told them from the start what we were doing, the cost of hire including full cover was £680. We then drove the van via the ferry (1 person 1 way and 1 person return) £240 we drove from Santander to our destination San Fulgencio 9hrs and €100 in fuel, he then stayed a few days helped unload the van and set up home, i then gave him fuel money, hotel money and money for food etc which he very reluctantly accepted and returned the van back to the UK. All in it cost us £1400 job done and one hell of a great road trip.

Thanks, this is one of our options. We also have a ferry booked in 2 weeks time, Portsmouth/Santander with my van. We were going to take a load down with us, get keys for villa and stay there for a couple of weeks. Then drive back, do 2 weeks quarantine (which we also did in July) and book another ferry for November, with a one way hire van, and take the dog with us. This option is getting very expensive.
Another option is, if we can, to rebook ferry for November. Hire a bigger van and do the move in one go. Then book flights in a couple of weeks time. Sign for villa, stay at my dads for a couple of days and fly back, and do the 2 weeks quarantine. Which is sounding a better option.
Another option is to use a removal company, to take the hassle off us. But then we sill have to get ourselves and dogs over.
We can also give our solicitor power of attorney, to purchase the villa. To get away without the 2 weeks quarantine. But we would rather be there, to sign. I thought the easy bit was moving over lol
Mart 63

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Previous