Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Pet friendly hotel en route to UK

Pet friendly hotel en route to UK

Postby Chris and Jackie » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:47 pm

Hi all just arrived for 3 weeks of relaxation drove down from the Midlands through the tunnel on way back we are thinking of splitting the journey over 2 days driving anyone know a good pet friendly hotel half way home or a little bit further thanks
Chris and Jackie

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Pet friendly hotel en route to UK

Postby tonemar » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:29 pm

Hi,
Zaragoza, there is a pet friendly hotel that we have used. Very good, town center and underground parking.
It was some while ago, Ibis, Ibex something like that, I,m sure Google will find it.
T
tonemar

Postby ajkechadwick » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:54 am

We always use the Premiere Classe motel chain in France. The furthest south we have used is Pau which was very good further north we have used two around Bordeaux the one we have used the most is just south of Angouleme which is just off the N10, also used Poitiers and Tours. All are basic and dog friendly Fine for an overnight stopover.
There is an alternative which we now use and that is the long sea journey Bilbao/Santander to Portsmouth I reckon that with the price of petrol in France it is only about £30 more expensive and much less stressful only down side is the dog has to go in the kennels on board as there are very few pet cabins.
ajkechadwick

Postby Chris and Jackie » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:52 am

Many thanks we fancy the ferry too at some point but I know you have to book very early in f you want a dog friendly cabin someone told me the kennels are very small is that true
Chris and Jackie

Postby nigelandkath » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:48 pm

whereabouts do you want to stop, that would give an idea of which places to point you towards. We have used the Tulip Inn at Zaragoza because of its placement by the motorway but that's no good to you if you are going a different route. Look at Via Michellin site for routes etc.
nigelandkath

Which part of Spain are you from?: torre la mata

Postby Chris and Jackie » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:45 pm

We will be travelling San Sebastián-Le Mans-Bordeaux- probably just short of Le Mans is about half way thanks all
Chris and Jackie

Postby frenchie » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:16 pm

Chris and Jackie wrote:We will be travelling San Sebastián-Le Mans-Bordeaux- probably just short of Le Mans is about half way thanks all

Are you only having one night stopover,,,, that is a long drive to do in one go from here to le mans
frenchie

Which part of Spain are you from?: san fulgencio

Postby Chrisdee » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:42 pm

The B+B chain allow dogs, think its around 4 euros for the dog
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby THORNTON3 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:55 pm

The B+B Hoteks are very good apart from only one small pillow per person which annoys me greatly. In Huesca I can recommend Hotel Pedro very dog friendly safe parking and a huge park across the road with a nice bar on it it
THORNTON3

Postby Chrisdee » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:57 pm

When we go by car we always take our own pillows

THORNTON3 wrote:The B+B Hoteks are very good apart from only one small pillow per person which annoys me greatly. In Huesca I can recommend Hotel Pedro very dog friendly safe parking and a huge park across the road with a nice bar on it it
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Next