Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Robbed 2 nights ago

Re: Robbed 2 nights ago

Postby PGA » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:44 pm

Butch wrote:Hi Amanda

The DIY store (sorry not very good with the Spanish) near Quesada Butchers sells effective locks to stop this happening. You just have to drill through the windows in the centre then you screw a bolt through the middle. Without breaking glass they cannot get these open, easy to open windows when need to just taking the bolt out. What community did this happen on? we are also in Dona Pepe

First thing I did was fit those when I bought my house. A child could open those sliding windows without them. If you’ve ever seen your window cleaner lift them out in seconds it really shows how flimsy they are.
PGA

Postby andywyatt » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:13 pm

We have a security guard on our complex and we cant enter without a keyfob very high gates.
andywyatt

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby dr.doolittle » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:48 pm

PGA wrote:

The DIY store (sorry not very good with the Spanish) near Quesada Butchers sells effective locks to stop this happening. You just have to drill through the windows in the centre then you screw a bolt through the middle. Without breaking glass they cannot get these open, easy to open windows when need to just taking the bolt out. What community did this happen on? we are also in Dona Pepe

First thing I did was fit those when I bought my house. A child could open those sliding windows without them. If you’ve ever seen your window cleaner lift them out in seconds it really shows how flimsy they are.

ours cannot be removed from the outside because of bars/grill.
dr.doolittle

Postby Gasgit » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:01 pm

D050DF5A-E515-487B-A2D8-42C7C44CCC7A.png
Gasgit

Which part of Spain are you from?: Playa Flamenca

Postby Gasgit » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:02 pm

This was posted about Dona Pepa tonight
Gasgit

Which part of Spain are you from?: Playa Flamenca

Postby PGA » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:15 pm

dr.doolittle wrote:
PGA wrote:

ours cannot be removed from the outside because of bars/grill.

Be that as it may, my point was that the integrity of the windows themselves is incomparable to what we might be used to in the UK. And we know the penetrability of the rejas can be easily defeated with a good old fashioned car jack. Either way, all you can do is increase measures, they are all capable of defeat, it's simply how long you can prolong it and whether there are easier targets out there, sadly. You don't need to be fast enough to out-run a tiger, just faster than the man running alongside you...
PGA

Postby michelle3934841 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:42 pm

Hi I had those fitted on all windows , Prosigure alarm and anti snap locks in all grills and doors , dusk to dawn bulbs in outside lights are also good you really do have to make them move on , unfortunately these people are out there on the prowl constantly,, utter vermin .
Hope this helps
michelle3934841

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby maria elena » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:59 pm

michelle3934841 wrote:Hi ......dusk to dawn bulbs in outside lights are also good you really do have to make them move on , unfortunately these people are out there on the prowl constantly,, utter vermin .

Hope this helps

Can you tell me please where you get “dusk to dawn” bulbs please?
maria elena

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby amanda williams » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:14 pm

Thanks so much for all your advices, we are a lot securer now; had all the windows fitted with the screw locks today upstairs and down, and extra locks with bolts on the inside and yale locks on the outside and bolts on the bedroom doors as well.

We feel better for this already, as you say not impenetrable but a few layers to get through now.
amanda williams

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby michelle3934841 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:48 pm

Hi Maria we got them from Leroy Merlin they were 20 euro each ,, we have now also got a smart plug and plugged a lamp in that we can turn on and off on a app on our mobile phone ,,
Hope it helps
michelle3934841

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

PreviousNext