Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Robbed 2 nights ago

Re: Robbed 2 nights ago

Postby michelle3934841 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:57 pm

Completely forgot about the bars we also had in the easy to reach shutters , these go into the bottom slat on either side of the shutter , you have hole drilled for either side of the wall put you shutter fully down and slide the bars into the wall ,,,!!
michelle3934841

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby jpeg » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:14 pm

Do the bolts go through the wall from outside to inside and how are they secured please a photo would be nice too thanks
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby PGA » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:54 pm

michelle3934841 wrote:Hi Maria we got them from Leroy Merlin they were 20 euro each ,, we have now also got a smart plug and plugged a lamp in that we can turn on and off on a app on our mobile phone ,,
Hope it helps

I buy a lot from amazon.es.

Paid about €10 a pop but see there is a 4 pack for €25 - https://www.amazon.es/Dusk-Dawn-Bombill ... lb&sr=8-12

Mind you, less than a €5 a pop here with free shipping - https://www.amazon.es/Sensor-Outdoor-Ga ... lb&sr=8-11
PGA

Postby Sage » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:32 pm

michelle3934841 wrote:Hi I had those fitted on all windows , Prosigure alarm and anti snap locks in all grills and doors , dusk to dawn bulbs in outside lights are also good you really do have to make them move on , unfortunately these people are out there on the prowl constantly,, utter vermin .
Hope this helps

Wouldn't having outside lights on all night just mean the burglars don't need to bring a torch with them ?
Sage

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby PGA » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:32 pm

Sage wrote:
michelle3934841 wrote:Hi I had those fitted on all windows , Prosigure alarm and anti snap locks in all grills and doors , dusk to dawn bulbs in outside lights are also good you really do have to make them move on , unfortunately these people are out there on the prowl constantly,, utter vermin .
Hope this helps

Wouldn't having outside lights on all night just mean the burglars don't need to bring a torch with them ?

I think there’s significantly more evidence to show unscrupulous prefer to work under cover of darkness than being under bright light. Plus in addition a house in darkness suggests it’s unoccupied.
PGA

Postby Sage » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:55 pm

I think it depends on the layout/ design of the property. It wouldn't be very difficult to find out if your lights come on at dusk every day....if that's what they do. Once the burglars are over the wall and have some cover then a couple of automatic lights aren't going to present to much of a problem. If they are easily accessible surely they can just remove the bulbs.

Dusk to dawn bulbs might deter an opportunist but the professional will check it first. They are probably worth having but I wouldnt put to much faith in them.
Sage

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby PGA » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:07 pm

Sage wrote:I think it depends on the layout/ design of the property. It wouldn't be very difficult to find out if your lights come on at dusk every day....if that's what they do. Once the burglars are over the wall and have some cover then a couple of automatic lights aren't going to present to much of a problem. If they are easily accessible surely they can just remove the bulbs.

Dusk to dawn bulbs might deter an opportunist but the professional will check it first. They are probably worth having but I wouldnt put to much faith in them.

I have them as part of a series of measures and have done my own evaluation, as anyone should. To suggest they might do more harm than good, however, I’d say 99 times in 100 you’d be wrong on whether to light or maintain the cover of darkness.

As for removing the bulbs, well of course you can. You’d need a ladder with you, a screwdriver and a few minutes of your time. Or you could smash them a baseball bat. See also CCTV cameras. Likewise a JCB driven through a wall will be effective. It’s simply a matter of deterrent, warding off the opportunist thief, and delaying the professional more determined. As I said earlier, it’s not a matter of being faster than a Tiger, it’s about being faster than the man alongside you.

In addition, it’s a useful measure to return home of an evening and have the lights on to see your own way to a keyhole.
PGA

Postby Rickys » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:34 pm

Don't see why you would need a translation to go to Almoradi police station we live in Almoradi and know atleast 3 officers speak English, it may be a reccomendation to take an interpreter but not a necessity
Rickys

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby El Buho » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:59 am

Rickys wrote:Don't see why you would need a translation to go to Almoradi police station we live in Almoradi and know atleast 3 officers speak English, it may be a reccomendation to take an interpreter but not a necessity

The originator of that post made an error. Denuncias for robberies have to be made to the Guardia Civil in Almoradi, not the local police. The Guardia do insist on having an interpeter.
El Buho

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby michelle3934841 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:04 pm

Hi Saga ,, I think you’ll find that lighting them up keeps them away and cameras can detect them ,, sorry I cannot send a picture of the bars in the shutters at the moment but if you speak to a good builder he will be able to show you .
Hope this helps
michelle3934841

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

PreviousNext

Return to Quesada general discussion