Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Robbed 2 nights ago

Robbed 2 nights ago

Postby amanda williams » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:43 am

I just wanted to let everyone know to be vigilant. I woke up in bed on Sunday at 5am to find a torch shining in my face and a burglar looking for my handbag. I had taken it upstairs with me. He had the audacity to come in to my bedroom and it was very very frightening for a single lady.

There have been 4 robberies now on our development and several more in the area, they appear to be the same people. Police told us they were looking for 2 men and came very quickly to us. They then left to carry on looking.

I am not sure if we can find out if they have been caught. I am also not sure if the town hall and mayor are aware and are stepping up security in Quesada. I hope that they are. I do not want to worry people but do feel a sense of duty to let people know to be very security conscious.

These robbers need to be caught as they are getting away with it time and time again and are becoming bolder. He certainly did not rush out of my bedroom and appeared totally calm when confronted by someone who was awake.
amanda williams

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Re: Robbed 2 nights ago

Postby Dot » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:11 am

Hi, that must have been very frightening for you can I ask how they got in,do you have an alarm?
Dot

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo marabu

Postby Bee » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:46 am

What a frightening experience. An invasion of the place you feel most secure is really horrible. I hope the Policia manage to catch him.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby JCoop » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:11 am

Where in Quesada did this happen ?
JCoop

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby mchlpullen » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:51 am

Burgled during the night 2 weeks ago while in bed, the burglars were disturbed but fled with jewellery and money.Police responded very quickly.
mchlpullen

Postby mondo » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:59 am

Terrible.. what an awful and scary experience.. :evil:

Did you have an alarm?..
mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Sage » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:22 am

Do people not lock their doors when they turn in for the night ? Or do the burglars pick the locks ?
I've often heard of people in the UK being burgled whilst they are sitting in their lounge watching TV in the evening but this is usually because their back door is unlocked and gives the burglars easy access.
Sage

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Butch » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:55 am

Hi

What an awful thing to happen in time you will get over this horrible experience. Would it be possible to let us know where this happened, were all the doors, shutters everything locked, do you have an alarm? The more we talk about these incidents the more we all look out for each other and are vigilant. On our community when we were last there in June they got in through the front door. Many of us have the doors with the handle on them with the lock in it. This is very easy to get open even though you have the shoot bolts top and bottom.

To over come this problem you can purchase a new design of door from Leroy Merlin, now has 9 bolts on it but the handle is in the middle. The lock is seperate, next time if we ever get over thats the next thing on our list. Stay safe everyone and look out for each other.
Butch

Postby amanda williams » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:11 pm

Hi everyone, no we do not have an alarm and this happened in Dona pepe and several more in this area. We were aware that there had been some incidents but thought that they had happened because people had gone to bed without locking up. We thought the sliding windows were all locked as we never open them, however, they managed to slide one open and then went to a neighbour and utilised his broom handle and a bamboo stick with some wire to make a rod. They fed it ito the back of the lounge - and were able to hook our keys that were in a bowl . We are aware that our security could have been better still and are making some changes, but I do think that all the Community presidents should be taking extra action to try to ensure these people cannot wander throughout our developments at night without any bother or challenge. I am not sure what can be done, we have not been able to make an official report to the police in Almoradi as they will not let us go without a Spanish translator. We think it should be officially reported as burglaries of this type can escalate into more serious and potentially violent crime.
amanda williams

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby Butch » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:23 pm

Hi Amanda

The DIY store (sorry not very good with the Spanish) near Quesada Butchers sells effective locks to stop this happening. You just have to drill through the windows in the centre then you screw a bolt through the middle. Without breaking glass they cannot get these open, easy to open windows when need to just taking the bolt out. What community did this happen on? we are also in Dona Pepe
Butch

Next

Return to Quesada general discussion