Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Community Pesident

Community Pesident

Postby El Tel » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:11 pm

Can anybody tell me if someone can be President if they only own a half share in a garage space and not an apartment or flat, please.
El Tel

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Community Pesident

Postby marcliff » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:22 pm

Horizontal Property Law states a president must be the owner of a property on the community even though they do not necessarily live there.

Not sure a half share in a garage would count as an owner of a property. Maybe ask the administrators?
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby El Tel » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:38 pm

Allegedly, the administrators are friends with the President, if you get my meaning. So not possible.
El Tel

Postby Bee » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:08 pm

Do you get notices of AGMs and Minutes? We have a garage space in an underground garage in a different community to our own. The garage owners have our own AGM and there is no President. It is just run by the Administrator. So not run on the same rules as a community of property owners.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby PGA » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:19 pm

marcliff wrote:Horizontal Property Law states a president must be the owner of a property on the community even though they do not necessarily live there.

Not sure a half share in a garage would count as an owner of a property. Maybe ask the administrators?

I should think anyone with a proprietary right over "property", whether that be a garage space, a studio flat or the biggest house on the community, would be afforded the same rights in terms of a right to be president or a voting right. If their name is as a freehold or leasehold title owner, I can't see that you could distinguish to preclude them from such rights.
PGA

Postby El Tel » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:04 pm

Bee wrote:Do you get notices of AGMs and Minutes? We have a garage space in an underground garage in a different community to our own. The garage owners have our own AGM and there is no President. It is just run by the Administrator. So not run on the same rules as a community of property owners.

The English minutes are different to the Spanish minutes.
Bee
El Tel

Postby Bee » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:46 pm

Do you mean the translation of the Minutes is not very good or that there is a deliberately different set of Minutes for English speakers? Sounds very odd. I always compare the Spanish and English versions of our Community Minutes as sometimes sections are omitted. I wouldn't say that it is deliberate but probably gets lost in pasting from one language to the other.

Bee
Bee

Postby Rickys » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:10 pm

A property owner is not a parking space owner.
Rickys

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby El Tel » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:28 pm

I would like to say thank you to all who have answered, so far. This question was asked on behalf of a friend who wants to remain anonymous at the moment.
El Tel

Postby Bee » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:46 pm

Rickys wrote:A property owner is not a parking space owner.

But you have to pay rates to the Town Hall and tax to the Revenue because it's classed as a "bienes inmuebles" plus all the other property taxes when you buy it and you get it's own escritura.

Bee
Bee

Next