Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

EX 20 form

EX 20 form

Postby Edslass » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:09 pm

Apologies if this has been answered but after much deliberating the last few months especially since we have been locked down & as we have been here since last October which was only meant to be a longish holiday we have decided to apply for residency.
Unfortunately again due to lockdown we don’t have any green card for this time so have to go for TIE. I have an appointment to go for our Padron tomorrow so it’s a start at least. I have read you need to prove a set amount income but keep getting conflicting amounts to what this actually is. My husband is state pension age but I am not so am unsure what needs to be proved. Does he need private health care or is it just me & do we both need to go for residency or does 1 suffice?
I would like to try filling out the forms & applying myself but my Spanish is a bit limited but am getting there so any help will be very much appreciated in this matter.
Edslass

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar Rojales

Re: EX 20 form

Postby marcliff » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:16 pm

You need proof of income and proof of health cover.
Firstly, health cover. If your husband is receiving a UK pension you need to apply to the Overseas healthcare team in Newcastle. They will issue a S1 form which will transfer his healthcare to Spain and you will be covered as a beneficiary.
You can do this by phone (make sure you have your NI numbers handy) on 0044 191 218 1999. This is now part of the NHS Business Authority.

Income. Yes, this varies depending on who you see, who has done it, how the guy doing the forms feels that morning and so on.
As you don't speak Spanish, may I suggest you use an agent such as One Way services in Quesada (there are others) who charge about 100 euro per person to do it. They will check the income requirements with the foreigners office.

You are already breaking the law by being here since October last year and could be classed as liable for income tax in Spain so I'd keep that quiet, if I were you.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Edslass » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:45 pm

Wow that was fast Thanks Marcliff. I will get onto it pronto. We did actually return home once flights opened up again to see our new granddaughter in July & came back Sept so I hope this time is OK from Sept that is.it was the time back home which decided for us to stay here as it was freezing & never stopped raining, typical Scottish weather.
If I go to this company does the amount include all the application forms or just the financial status?
Thanks again
Edslass

Postby marcliff » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:53 pm

Edslass wrote:Wow that was fast Thanks Marcliff. I will get onto it pronto. We did actually return home once flights opened up again to see our new granddaughter in July & came back Sept so I hope this time is OK from Sept that is.it was the time back home which decided for us to stay here as it was freezing & never stopped raining, typical Scottish weather.
If I go to this company does the amount include all the application forms or just the financial status?
Thanks again

It includes everything. You just provide the S1 forms for health and a certified bank statement as proof of income. You will need to accompany them to Alicante as you have to give your fingerprints. The company will tell you exactly what is required and will complete the forms and even make the appointments for you.

As you came back in September, use that as the date you arrived for both the S1 and application.
marcliff

Postby Edslass » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:21 pm

Thanks again. Been on the phone for the S1 but they say it can take up to 15 days. I think I have to take it to Orihuela or Torre after that so looks like it gonna take some time. Is there a guide to filling out the EX20 do you know
Edslass

Postby marcliff » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:41 pm

Edslass wrote:Thanks again. Been on the phone for the S1 but they say it can take up to 15 days. I think I have to take it to Orihuela or Torre after that so looks like it gonna take some time. Is there a guide to filling out the EX20 do you know

If you go to the home page on here, Alex has made my how to complete an EX23 a sticky so you'll get all the information on there for the first bit. On the next page, Situacion en Espana, the first bit asks when you first came to take up residency in Spain. Put the date you came in September in there as you are supposed to apply within 3 months.

Next bit, Check the Residencia Temporal (that's temporary residency as you have been here under 5 years). then the box that says No activo con recursos suficiente y seguro de enfermedad
(that means not working but with sufficient funds and health cover (the S1 does the last bit))

Whoever you choose to do your residency application for you should make sure the form is filled in correctly.
marcliff

Postby Edslass » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:02 pm

Haha not doing well at all as not a techno so what is a sticky & been on the homepage but can’t find anything need a step by step I’m afraid
Edslass

Postby marcliff » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:15 pm

From the Home Page, go to the Quesada General Discussion
Under Topics, there is a "sticky" (that is a topic that stays there and can't be moved) and says How to fill in the EX23.
You'll find it there.
marcliff

Postby Edslass » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:36 pm

Finally found it but the form I printed off earlier has a different set of questions on 4 situation in Spain I am assuming Ex20 which I have is different.Ignore this Read your post earlier properly & you covered this Thank you
Edslass

Postby marcliff » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:33 pm

Firstly, are you going to be doing this yourself? Are you going to fill in the EX20, complete the 790 012 form to pay the 12 euro at the bank? Go online to book your appointment at Alicante? Take all the documentation to Alicante and then go back a few weeks later to collect the card?

If so, then you need the EX20 form which you can find hereEX20

You fill in the first page exactly the same as the instructions for the EX23 as shown on the front page of Talk Quesada.
The difference is, as I explained, the next page which is Situacion in Espana and you tick the boxes I mentioned in the previous post instead of the ones for the EX23.

You then need to complete (by typing, not in script) the Tasa 790 codigo 012 which you can complete and download from here 790 012 which you take to the bank, pay the 12 euro and collect the receipt which you take to your appointment.

You then request an appointment, or cita previa, with the foreigners office in Alicante and you do that on this link
Cita Previa
You need to select Alicante as the province and then scroll down to the foreigners office procedures and select the box Procedure for the documentation of nationals of the United Kingdom (Brexit)
in Spanish that isTrámite para la documentación de nacionales del Reino Unido (Brexit)

Once you have all that, you go to the foreigners office in Alicante with all the documentation required, the EX20 the 790 012, your passport, your padron certificates, your proof of income and your proof of healthcare.

If you are going to use an agent then stop worrying. The agent will complete all the forms, pay the bank, make the appointment for you and accompany you to Alicante and remind you of all the documents you need.

marcliff