Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Brexit

Brexit

Postby Paul and Wendy » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:31 am

Hi All
I wonder if anyone can answer the following for me.
We have our holiday home here in Spain , we also have a car on Spanish plates all road legal witch we use when we are here .
After brexit will we still be able to drive this car legally on Spanish plates as we have Uk licences , and we are none residents .????
Thanks in advance
Paul and Wendy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benima

Re: Brexit

Postby marcliff » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:35 am

Of course you will.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Paul and Wendy » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:00 am

Cheers Marcliff
Paul and Wendy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benima

Postby Philipb1407 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:10 pm

Do not worry about Brexit, project fear ended a long time ago. Life will continue as before, maybe a few changes but the problems will be solved, something will replace the European health card, if there was no agreement people would leave and few would ever come to Spain and Spain as with any other country can’t afford that, look how Covid has hit the Economy, if the EU made it hard for Spain to have Brits spending their Billions how long do you think Spain would remain a member of the EU, not long I tell you. No the politics are nearly at an end, Agreements will be made and altered, if the EU don’t get a grip then they may end up banging nails in their own coffin, That’s why I am sure that a deal will be struck and you will be told it’s the best thing since sliced bread.
Philipb1407

Postby Jillandsteve » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:49 pm

You won’t be able to drive on a UK driving licence next year though
You’ll need an international one
Jillandsteve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Jillandsteve » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:52 pm

Philipb1407 wrote:Do not worry about Brexit, project fear ended a long time ago. Life will continue as before, maybe a few changes but the problems will be solved, something will replace the European health card, if there was no agreement people would leave and few would ever come to Spain and Spain as with any other country can’t afford that, look how Covid has hit the Economy, if the EU made it hard for Spain to have Brits spending their Billions how long do you think Spain would remain a member of the EU, not long I tell you. No the politics are nearly at an end, Agreements will be made and altered, if the EU don’t get a grip then they may end up banging nails in their own coffin, That’s why I am sure that a deal will be struck and you will be told it’s the best thing since sliced bread.

True, the EU negotiations are typical EU style, drag it out until the 11th hour with the hope of getting their way
Their policy is to look aggrieved and make the UK look the villain which pleases all the remainers
All will be settled as it’s in the best interests of both countries
Jillandsteve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby william » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:22 pm

There will never be a replacement for the EHIC which must have been the most abused document that was ever issued to UK citizens now it's the real world private health insurance,no more no less.
william

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Walnuts » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:56 pm

And I thought Lewis Carroll’s Alice was the only one who lived in a fantasy land!
Walnuts

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby bass2112 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:44 am

Jillandsteve wrote:You won’t be able to drive on a UK driving licence next year though
You’ll need an international one

you will need an international driving PERMIT (IDP) to drive through some EU countries after the transaction period ends, not an international licence. you might need one for each country you drive through. so UK to spain, 1 for france and 1 for spain. i have heard that there are some countries that you will not need one.
apologies if this has now changed
bass2112

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Benjy » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:53 am

No walnuts, you are wrong. There are over 17 million of them living in fantasy land. :text-lol:
Benjy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Murcia