Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Murcia Closed

Re: Murcia Closed

Postby polop » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:12 pm

djw wrote:
Bee wrote:Why would there be a problem for anyone arriving or departing in Spain by land or air. The borders or airports or roads aren't closed. You are allowed to transit through communities and countries. Am I missing something.

Bee

Yes you are allowed to transit through areas but what if your destination was an area that you are not allowed to enter for example, you land in alicante and your holiday destination or second home is in the murcia region.

Thought only essential travel allowed, not visiting holiday homes?
polop

Which part of Spain are you from?: La finca

Postby djw » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:46 pm

polop wrote:
djw wrote:
Bee wrote:Why would there be a problem for anyone arriving or departing in Spain by land or air. The borders or airports or roads aren't closed. You are allowed to transit through communities and countries. Am I missing something.

Bee

Yes you are allowed to transit through areas but what if your destination was an area that you are not allowed to enter for example, you land in alicante and your holiday destination or second home is in the murcia region.

Thought only essential travel allowed, not visiting holiday homes?

Well that maybe from the uk but the rest of europe maybe not. Still if people need to come for whatever reason essential or not they are still going to land and be stuck and no information is being given to them as to what they should do.
djw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Daya nueva

Postby Ginger » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:06 pm

Essential travel only and no travel through curfew 11pm to 6am. My son has been staying with us in Murcia, he was due to fly home to U.K. Monday morning from Alicante, unfortunately no can do, thankfully he gas managed to get a seat on the Monday evening flight from Murcia International.
Ginger

Which part of Spain are you from?: Cartagena, murcia

Postby Chrisdee » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:20 pm

I thought you could travel if you were heading back to your home country and had the correct paperworkm, airline ticket?

Ginger wrote:Essential travel only and no travel through curfew 11pm to 6am. My son has been staying with us in Murcia, he was due to fly home to U.K. Monday morning from Alicante, unfortunately no can do, thankfully he gas managed to get a seat on the Monday evening flight from Murcia International.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Bee » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:55 pm

Yes djw I can see there would be a problem if you are trying to access a locked border with no prior knowledge of it. I wonder if you have an airline ticket to show you have just arrived or a UK plated car and your ferry ticket and you are going to your property will they let you through. It would be a bit different to being a Spanish Resident trying to access a holiday home. Hard to know as nothing has been made clear where other EU tourists are concerned re locked borders.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby MichaelC » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:45 am

Oh dear, the usual panic from everyone..
MichaelC

Which part of Spain are you from?: QUESADA

Postby polop » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:03 am

Unbelievable they lock borders because they want no one traveling Residents or non resident...if you travel then must be essential .
polop

Postby MichaelC » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:09 am

The virus is everywhere, all regions in Spain and all over Europe and beyond. So really how does restricting movement achieve anything.. all already everywhere.. lol
MichaelC

Which part of Spain are you from?: QUESADA

Postby Glassfull » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:44 am

MichaelC wrote:The virus is everywhere, all regions in Spain and all over Europe and beyond. So really how does restricting movement achieve anything.. all already everywhere.. lol

It’s nothing to laugh about.

Yes, it’s everywhere but some places have a higher concentration and by allowing people from these areas to travel, it risks raising the numbers elsewhere.

During the lockdown the disease abated after lockdown it started to spread and multiply. Restrictions of movement and activities is the ONLY answer. It’s been proved. OK, some people are affected by difficult decisions by the Authorities, all we have to do is comply.
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby polop » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:00 am

MichaelC wrote:The virus is everywhere, all regions in Spain and all over Europe and beyond. So really how does restricting movement achieve anything.. all already everywhere.. lol

Another remark from someone who lives in a different world!!lol
polop

PreviousNext