Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Murcia Closed

Murcia Closed

Postby marcliff » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:29 pm

Murcia has closed its borders.

I will put it on Daily updates when times and restrictions are made clear plus the Valencia Community says it will close its borders if Madrid and Catalonia don't close theirs.

More to come.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Re: Murcia Closed

Postby Julie » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:03 am

:text-goodpost: :text-thankyouyellow:
Julie

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marquesas Quesada

Postby tinak » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:12 am

Sorry to hear about Murcia, and can only hope Valencia doesn’t follow suit. We are due to fly out early December for four months, don’t mind them closing borders or lockdowns after, by pray it’s not before!
tinak

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby Joyce » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:21 am

We are hoping to fly out early December also
Joyce

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby djw » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:55 am

Looks like things are hotting up everywhere doesn't it. Since the government has given the powers to the individual regional governments here they are all shutting thier borders with only necessary travel across them. The problem is they haven't shut spains borders so people being dropped off from planes and ferries are stuck from tomorrow.....great planning!! Those poor people are in limbo. It looks like everywhere will be locked down for november which may not be a bad thing.
djw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Daya nueva

Postby nigelandkath » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:46 am

Good on Murcia being so proactive, I don't think we will be far behind. This is just going to be part of the natural progression now towards a complete shut down again. It has to come because the virus is rampant within certain areas and there is nothing this virus likes more than freedom of movement. There is no way this is going away anytime soon. Very resigned to a quiet Christmas, New Year, 3 kings as a reality this year. France has already shown the way from tomorrow, Germany won't be far behind so this is going to be the way of the second wave.
nigelandkath

Which part of Spain are you from?: torre la mata

Postby Bee » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:03 pm

Why would there be a problem for anyone arriving or departing in Spain by land or air. The borders or airports or roads aren't closed. You are allowed to transit through communities and countries. Am I missing something.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby maisiesdad » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:13 pm

Bee wrote:Why would there be a problem for anyone arriving or departing in Spain by land or air. The borders or airports or roads aren't closed. You are allowed to transit through communities and countries. Am I missing something.

Bee

I hope you are right. We set off for Brittany tomorrow and are waiting for the next French govt announcement giving the finer details of National lockdown. If it is like the last lockdown in France we will need to complete an attestation which will allow long distance travel back to place of residence. There does not seem to be similar paperwork available in Spain, unless I am missing something.
maisiesdad

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Bee » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:20 pm

Murcia is only closed for less than 2 weeks until 9th November and they will open up after that. They will probably close down again for the 8th December holiday to make sure there is no influx of visitors from the north of Spain.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby djw » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:53 pm

Bee wrote:Why would there be a problem for anyone arriving or departing in Spain by land or air. The borders or airports or roads aren't closed. You are allowed to transit through communities and countries. Am I missing something.

Bee

Yes you are allowed to transit through areas but what if your destination was an area that you are not allowed to enter for example, you land in alicante and your holiday destination or second home is in the murcia region.
djw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Daya nueva

Next