Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Just how are things in Ciudad Quesada?

Just how are things in Ciudad Quesada?

Postby Philipb1407 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:56 pm

It would be nice to know, just how people are coping in Ciudad Quesada, it’s a big place with lots of people, this forum would be a good place to read your stories, learn how you are dealing with everyday tasks, hear from business owners as well as from those who are stuck doing very little, or if you are still going to work, each story, each experience, would make an interesting read, Covid has impacted on everyone’s life, so a balanced view would be very helpful.
For me, well I’m stuck in England, my wife is shielded, we can’t go out of the house, I can - but then my wife would be stuck in a bedroom for 4 weeks, so I have shielded with her. Our supermarket delivers our groceries, our chemist delivers our meds, our security cameras watch the world go by, both in Spain and in England. the Ipad is our lifeline, talking to friends and family plus it’s free! All we have done is clean since 5th March as that’s how long my wife was shielded for, on Friday we play spot the dust, we never find any flipping house is spotless.. I’m doing the cooking and ironing, willingly, that shows you how bad things are .. honey I’m just off to the spare bedroom to iron our pillow cases, but sweetie you did that yesterday.. arghhhhhhhh... wait a min??? The wife stuck in a bedroom for FOUR weeks? Mon cherreee...
Philipb1407

Re: Just how are things in Ciudad Quesada?

Postby Ann Lord » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:23 pm

for those of us stuck here out of Spain how are things all the siil things plus how does everone else feel
Ann Lord

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Chrisdee » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:38 pm

Carrying on as normal to be honest but just with a mask on
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Jillandsteve » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:43 pm

Chrisdee wrote:Carrying on as normal to be honest but just with a mask on

Exactly, life seems quite normal
Jillandsteve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Joyce » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:57 pm

From what I am hearing here covid seems to be rearing it’s ugly head all at once
Joyce

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby mondo » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:59 pm

For us, things seem not much different from last year. We do have to wear a mask when we potter about, and use a chunk of common sense..but bars and restaurants are open, shops are open, La Zenia is fine, Habanaras is open, all supermarkets are open, there is plenty of food and supplies in the shops.. It seems a bit more quiet than last year as there are less tourists about.

But for us, life is not bad, the flowers in the garden are blooming, the sun is shining (mostly), our friends are here.....however, we don't work, we don't own a business and have no kids going to school..

mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby TonTri » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:28 pm

To the contrary, I'm finding it very different. I have COPD and find wearing a mask really difficult. It means I go out as little as possible so it's seriously curbing my life outside my apartment. Yes I go to a couple of local supermarkets and although I know Habaneros and La Zenia are open I cannot bring myself to go there, too much walking about with a mask on. I also go out to lunch once a week but it's not the same. I smoke and can no longer enjoy a drink on a bar terrace and have a cigarette, I have to go out onto the pavement or a designated area and feel more of a leper than usual.
But would I give this up and go back to the UK.....no way. At least here we've got blue skies, sunshine and warm days so I can sit on my terrace with a glass of wine, and a cigarette and be thankful for what I've got. Unlike a month ago when I was in the cold, grey, miserable UK.
TonTri

Postby Glassfull » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:14 am

TonTri wrote:....I have COPD....I smoke....

Surely, these two statements aren’t, in my opinion, compatible.

OK, you can’t quit COPD but......?
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby MALTHOM » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:58 am

Life here is carrying on as others have said before, although nowhere is immune to this virus! The mandatory use of masks and sanitisers in Spain is now the new 'norm', and likely will be for the foreseeable future. The Spanish traditional greeting of a kiss on the cheeks has now long gone, and for obvious reasons.

I feel safer here in Spain than the UK, but only because the strategy to control the virus seems to be more consistent in the approach. Why the UK has not introduced the mandatory wearing of a mask is beyond me, and some of the crowd scenes you see on TV is frightening!

Although we don't hear much about the progress these days, I just hope that all the scientists efforts to find a solution will finally result in a vaccine etc;.... #may the force be with them! Take Care and Stay safe.
MALTHOM

Which part of Spain are you from?: Monteazul

Postby TonTri » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:50 pm

Glassfull wrote:
TonTri wrote:....I have COPD....I smoke....

Surely, these two statements aren’t, in my opinion, compatible.

OK, you can’t quit COPD but......?

You're right Glassful they're not. But with my husband dying last year, learning to cope on my own, in the process of selling my house in the UK and moving to and getting residencia in Spain, I can't give up smoking just like that. Maybe one day....
TonTri

Next