Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Covid in Quesada

Re: Covid in Quesada

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:07 pm

Lots of people are going hungry, they've been laidoff, businesses that they worked at have closed they'd love to go to the supermarket but they aren't all lucky enough to have been furloughed and even some that were entitled to money haven't received a penny. Of course the supermarkets are open, you know that but they just haven't got a pot to piss in so they can't go. Yes, I have heard of some people who don't want to go to hospital as they are affraid they may come out with more than they went in with. Try volunteering at one of the foodbanks, see and hear some of the stories, it would break your heart. Not everybody is as well off as you and I. So that that bizarre really

Jillandsteve wrote:
What a bizarre post
Everyone dying of hunger ? Have the supermarkets closed ?
Livelihoods destroyed by sitting at home on 80% pay
Doctors and nurses taking a well earned break and they’re abused ??
People too scared to go to hospital ?

Today’s craziest post by a long way
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Anniep » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:29 pm

I don’t know the details, but Mas y Mas have a scheme, where by, you complete a form and pay 3€ or something similar, then return in the evening and collect a bag of food, you get what you’re given, I think it’s stuff that is usually reduced buy not 100% sure, a friend was telling me about it as her daughter has applied and fecupived a bag, so anyone out there struggling might be worth enquiring
Anniep

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:43 pm

That's good of them
It must be awful for some people trying to survive and feed their families let alone worrying about rent and bills. A right nightmare.
Chrisdee

Postby Jillandsteve » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:11 pm

Chrisdee wrote:Lots of people are going hungry, they've been laidoff, businesses that they worked at have closed they'd love to go to the supermarket but they aren't all lucky enough to have been furloughed and even some that were entitled to money haven't received a penny. Of course the supermarkets are open, you know that but they just haven't got a pot to piss in so they can't go. Yes, I have heard of some people who don't want to go to hospital as they are affraid they may come out with more than they went in with. Try volunteering at one of the foodbanks, see and hear some of the stories, it would break your heart. Not everybody is as well off as you and I. So that that bizarre really

I stand by every word I’ve said
You said everyone going hungry, that’s wrong, many, many on furlough and getting 80% of their wage
How can you say there are some entitled to money but haven’t received a penny ? Urban myth or fact based and if so how many would that be ?
Foodbankd you mentioned, they were there before the pandemic so what’s new ?
Simply, I think you’re being overdramatic
I’ve many many relatives over there and many friends here with relatives over there
I’ve heard no such stories, sure there’s some suffering but, seriously what else can we expect, there’s a pandemic !,
Imagine those during ww2, nightly not knowing if a bomb would take their house, or where they worked or if a sin, father , brother had been killed fighting
I think people just complain much too much nowadays
Suck it up I say
Jillandsteve wrote:
What a bizarre post
Everyone dying of hunger ? Have the supermarkets closed ?
Livelihoods destroyed by sitting at home on 80% pay
Doctors and nurses taking a well earned break and they’re abused ??
People too scared to go to hospital ?

Today’s craziest post by a long way
Jillandsteve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:48 pm

I not even going to bother to answer your questions. Keep wearing your rose tinted glasses.
Chrisdee

Postby HarvHar2018 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:27 pm

What has happened to this forum? it just feels like an outlet for negativity these days
Keep your face always towards the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you
HarvHar2018

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby jamiep » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:59 am

Regarding folk being paid 80% of wages to stay at home so wheres the hardship...what a lot of folk don't realise is that here in Spain it's common practice to under contract employees due to the prohibitive employer contributions.
Therefore someone working 40hrs are suddenly realising their contract was only for 20 hours and that is what their ERTE is based on so in reality they are only receiving 40 per cent of wages or less.
Everyone I have spoken to on erte has been in this position to a certain extent
jamiep

Postby iant » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:22 am

This post was about Covid in Quesada which a lot of people are interested in given the rise in the number of cases. Why do people use this forum to stand on their soapboxes.
iant

Which part of Spain are you from?: Central Quesada

Postby blingle » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:33 am

iant wrote:This post was about Covid in Quesada which a lot of people are interested in given the rise in the number of cases. Why do people use this forum to stand on their soapboxes.

They're bored...probably frustrated as they have nothing interesting going on in their lives...and the forum is just another social media outlet for them.
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Freespeech » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:55 am

Money talks, a so called " tesco", English supermarket style with English manners and non observance of lockdown rules
Freespeech

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

PreviousNext