Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Testing

Testing

Postby Bettyboo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:43 pm

Hi does anyone know if you can have a LAMP Test as offered by British Airways at London Terminals instead of the PCR Covid Test mentioned by the Spanish Authorities before flying to Spain? Government site doesn't mention it but BA says you can and other information is confliciting? Thank you all.
Bettyboo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Cuidad Quesada

Re: Testing

Postby nigelandkath » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:04 pm

Spain requirement is a negative pcr test. It does not state any other. Ba might have better knowledge though. They are not going to fly passengers without their full confidence you are going to be let in.
nigelandkath

Which part of Spain are you from?: torre la mata

Postby Bettyboo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:01 pm

Hi Conflicting advice Marcliff states only PCR, but BA states you can have a LAMP test at Airport, Spains says PCR and so does UK Gov site? So somehwere the info is wrong can anyone clarify on this please? British Airwasy hopeless trying to get the information. Is it soley PCR? Many thanks.
Bettyboo

Postby marcliff » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:56 pm

Bit awkward to see this post as you put it under general property discussion.

Alex has put the PCR testing thread as a sticky so it comes up on there with all the details.
Can't see what's confusing about paragraph 1 on that as it comes direct from the Royal Decree and only the PCR will be accepted on arrival in Spain.

The British Airways advice says the LAMP test is only for certain countries and Spain isn't one of them.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Bettyboo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:15 pm

Oh didn't realise that must have been looking at something else Marcliff apoloiges. Thanks for information.

Yes I read that but nothing about LAMP Tests. Since my post I have also just researched that Gatwick will be offering these PCR from the end of the month. Again personally not ideal for me, as it says they will be given in your car and I don't travel by car. Just getting more and more complex and as a friend said in Madrid, Spain making it more difficult as they don't want people to travel there, so I may have to just forget all plans now for Spain at the moment. It is not easy getting anywhere.
Bettyboo

Postby Joy arise » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:47 am

Boots are doing the pcr tests £120
Joy arise

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo marabu

Postby Bettyboo » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:57 pm

Hi Joy many thanks for the information.
Bettyboo

Postby Chrisdee » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:49 pm

Think they were saying on previous postings that Boots were few and far between unless it was London where they are doing the test in more stores, there is a list somewhere if you can be asked to look.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Bettyboo » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:01 pm

I doubt it they willl be doing them where I live miles from anyhwere. But thanks for the information.
Bettyboo