Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Rules for 2021

Re: Rules for 2021

Postby garysl » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:51 am

Spain will be full of pensioners and the young folk will go elsewhere

As someone said in a previous comment, where are they going to go? The rest of Europe has, more or less, the same rules and other places that might appeal, like the USA and Australia have even stricter rules. That's what the UK voted for. An end to free movement.
garysl

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Sage » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:55 am

There are some good points being made here. Nobody on this thread is suggesting the issue will result in a collapse of the economy or it bankrupting Spain. But, it will cost the Spanish economy the loss of a few million euros.

Is Spain so well off it can wave goodbye to that income ?
What advantage do Spain get in exchange for that loss of income ?

It doesn't make sense to me.
Sage

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby AndyC » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:08 pm

The bottom line is the UK is getting what they voted for.
AndyC

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Sage » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:14 pm

That's absolutely correct but it doesn't change the fact that Spain will loose a lot of revenue and receive nothing in return.
Sage

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby CharlieFarmer » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:06 pm

Sage wrote:There are some good points being made here. Nobody on this thread is suggesting the issue will result in a collapse of the economy or it bankrupting Spain. But, it will cost the Spanish economy the loss of a few million euros.

That's because there is no sense to it, at it's best Brexit was only ever going to produce losers, something many are only now beginning to realise and in many cases to their cost.

Without trotting out hoary old slogans about "taking back control" blah, blah, blah, who can point to one single benefit it has brought - or is bringing - to anywhere or anyone?

I've racked my brain but have come up with zilch.
CharlieFarmer

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby jpeg » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:12 pm

:text-goodpost:
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Glassfull » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:13 pm

Sage wrote:There are some good points being made here. Nobody on this thread is suggesting the issue will result in a collapse of the economy or it bankrupting Spain. But, it will cost the Spanish economy the loss of a few million euros.

Good God, “a few million euros” lost. That might be a huge figure to us but, to a Nation’s economy it is nothing, nada, zilch.

Get things into perspective, our (UK) contribution to the Spanish economy and I don’t mean mum, dad and the kids flying in for a fortnight, is less than negligible. The arrogance of our financial importance in Spain is dwarfed by the belief that, we are better than everyone else which, ultimately, led to Brexit in the first place.
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby jpeg » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:23 pm

Sage wrote:If you are resident in the UK and you do the math then you can spend 30 days in Spain and then 30 days in the UK alternating all through the year.

Not correct you forgot that once you have spent a total of 90 days in Spain then you can not come back until another 180 days have elapsed
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby panchotaff » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:28 pm

jpeg - is that right - I thought it was 90 days in a span of 180 days not to exceed 180 days in a year
panchotaff

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby Jillandsteve » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:31 pm

CharlieFarmer wrote:

That's because there is no sense to it, at it's best Brexit was only ever going to produce losers, something many are only now beginning to realise and in many cases to their cost.

Without trotting out hoary old slogans about "taking back control" blah, blah, blah, who can point to one single benefit it has brought - or is bringing - to anywhere or anyone?

I've racked my brain but have come up with zilch.

Who are the ‘many’ what have they ‘realised’ and what are they going to lose that they didn’t know beforehand? Or, are just another whiny remainer ?
Jillandsteve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

PreviousNext