Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

No Deal Brexit?

Re: No Deal Brexit?

Postby Espanabums » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:26 pm

UK State pensioners, whose sole income is that old age pension, will not earn enough to meet the criteria of residency in Spain, ergo moving to Spain to live will not now be an option to them; thanks to Brexit!
Steve & Jill, Torrevieja
Espanabums

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja Centro

Postby CharlieFarmer » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:00 am

Yep, pensioners are a dying breed, literally!

Numbers of younger working age people will fall off a cliff too so collectively Brits in Spain are also doomed to near extinction.
CharlieFarmer

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby MichaelC » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:53 am

Time to look to the future and stop doing nothing but complain and find fault.

The younger generation can still live, work and study overseas like always. The only difference is they may need to make an application for European countries, just like they do for most other countries around the world.

In regard to pensioners ability to move to Spain, why should they just have a right to live here? They can't just move to Australia, Japan or the US, to name just a few. Its not a right to do what you want and live where you want. That was the thing driving brexit, border control.
MichaelC

Which part of Spain are you from?: QUESADA

Postby Glassfull » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:56 pm

MichaelC wrote:Time to look to the future and stop doing nothing but complain and find fault.

The younger generation can still live, work and study overseas like always. The only difference is they may need to make an application for European countries, just like they do for most other countries around the world.

But British qualifications will no longer be recognised within the EU

MichaelC wrote:In regard to pensioners ability to move to Spain, why should they just have a right to live here? They can't just move to Australia, Japan or the US, to name just a few. Its not a right to do what you want and live where you want. That was the thing driving brexit, border control.

They did have that right but, Brexit has put paid to that.

You had that right to buy and live within the EU but, it seems that, you didn’t like it being reciprocated.

It’ll soon be time to campaign to join the EU
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Mart 63 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:18 pm

Swexit next
Others in the EU will follow
EU countries will want their own currencies back
Merkel will be crying, thinking it was 3rd time lucky to rule Europe
The UK economy will thrive
The Spanish potato will be worthless
British will be flooding back to the costas, buying up cheap property
Boris will get knighted
Happy New year
Mart 63

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Jillandsteve » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:29 pm

Glassfull wrote:
MichaelC wrote:Time to look to the future and stop doing nothing but complain and find fault.

But British qualifications will no longer be recognised within the EU

MichaelC wrote:In regard to pensioners ability to move to Spain, why should they just have a right to live here? They can't just move to Australia, Japan or the US, to name just a few. Its not a right to do what you want and live where you want. That was the thing driving brexit, border control.

They did have that right but, Brexit has put paid to that.

You had that right to buy and live within the EU but, it seems that, you didn’t like it being reciprocated.

It’ll soon be time to campaign to join the EU

I’m sorry, but all these issues have been known for the past few years

Qualifications are not a major issue as although not officially recognised, they wont just be disregarded
We all knew retiring here would be different that’s all, just different but Spain have said they still want brit pensioners
There’s plenty of non Eu retirees here
Jillandsteve

Postby MichaelC » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:21 pm

:text-goodpost:
MichaelC

Which part of Spain are you from?: QUESADA

Postby Red Rock » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:05 pm

Mart 63 wrote:Swexit next
Others in the EU will follow
EU countries will want their own currencies back
Merkel will be crying, thinking it was 3rd time lucky to rule Europe
The UK economy will thrive
The Spanish potato will be worthless
British will be flooding back to the costas, buying up cheap property
Boris will get knighted
Happy New year

idiot
Red Rock

Postby Glassfull » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:28 pm

It appears to me that, Remainers air legitimate concerns but some Brexiters berate, ridicule and gloat.
Glassfull

Postby maisiesdad » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:53 pm

In regard to pensioners ability to move to Spain, why should they just have a right to live here? They can't just move to Australia, Japan or the US, to name just a few. Its not a right to do what you want and live where you want. That was the thing driving brexit, border control.

Ah Michael you are still here, I thought you had finished gloating a few pages back.

My big problem is looking forward !! What makes it difficult for me is reflecting on the past 12 months and recounting the mess Johnson and his bunch of useless cronies have made of practically everything they have touched; the lies and the Uturns are not helping my confidence either.

So, I am pleased that you and a few other followers on here can see beyond the blustering, lying, buffoon like facade of our leader that I cannot and that you have confidence in his ability to lead us to the promised sunny uplands. I'm afraid I cannot share your enthusiasm or your confidence.
maisiesdad

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Previous